Zetor 8011 Help required

Zetor Fan

Hello looking advice on 8011, how to check backend oil level is correct 1970s model ? Also if you overfill where does it leak out thanks

The dip stick for the backend is under the seat in the cab it is 17mm spanner size, the gearbox and backend are all the one and if you remove the dipstick there is three marks on it two are lower down about 50mm to 75 mm from the bottom, the third mark is at the top about 50mm from the nut. If you try and over fill the back end it will take about a 205liters of oil to get it half away up the dip stick. When we mowed with a 12045 we had about 30 gal (136 l ) in the back end with out any issue, the weak point is the seals where the half shaft goes through to the diff or out the front where the imput shaft from the clutch/ pto enters the gearbox.......................................

Hello looking advice on 8011, how to check backend oil level is correct 1970s model ? Also if you overfill where does it leak out thanks
Much appreciated thank you, Checked as you advised and found dipstick was under matts hence why could not spot etc anyway I had overfilled drained down to correct level I did seem to have leak or overflow somehow not sure on this was in the centre section
Another one for you any idea on torque slipping when tractor warmed up and on hills ? Fine on flat ground or after starting for a while
Is this a big money job to get replaced.

Much appreciated thank you, Checked as you advised and found dipstick was under matts hence why could not spot etc anyway I had overfilled drained down to correct level I did seem to have leak or overflow somehow not sure on this was in the centre section
Another one for you any idea on torque slipping when tractor warmed up and on hills ? Fine on flat ground or after starting for a while
Is this a big money job to get replaced.
The torque slipping could be down to either a worn torque band or knackered micro pump. I had to change the micro pump in my Ursus last October. The splines wear on the input shaft and the pump stops. The PTO will also run constantly if this is the case as the PTO brake is also ran off this circuit

It could be any number of things, Pump if this is the case then the clutch pack won't last long, but the pto will also slip. The slip rings on the torque housing wear grooves into the drum and leak, same symptoms as above, Clutch pack but you will hear the whirring sound if this is the case, my advice is if you need to open it do it all as it can be a painful job, Split the tractor, then remove the intermediate housing, to which the pto pump/torque pump is bolted then rip out the quadrant and the clutch pack brake bend etc recondition it all replace it with care to ensure you don't damage the seals check the clutch bolt it together..........................................................

It could be any number of things, Pump if this is the case then the clutch pack won't last long, but the pto will also slip. The slip rings on the torque housing wear grooves into the drum and leak, same symptoms as above, Clutch pack but you will hear the whirring sound if this is the case, my advice is if you need to open it do it all as it can be a painful job, Split the tractor, then remove the intermediate housing, to which the pto pump/torque pump is bolted then rip out the quadrant and the clutch pack brake bend etc recondition it all replace it with care to ensure you don't damage the seals check the clutch bolt it together..........................................................
Thanks a million, will go in this direction so with some help, question on the back break hubs small leak on one side see oil on wheel rim notice a bung on top of hub are these wet brakes and if so what oil / fluid do I top up hub assume this is seperate to the back end oil (Crystal 8011)

I think you can tighten the band for the hi,lo if that's what you mean . There is a stud sticking out of the top of the gearbox where the top meets the side you tighten this nut up to tighten up the band. I did it years ago to stop the one we had slipping. We were hedge cutting with it so used the hi,lo quite a bit. Sorry if a bit vague it's a while since I did it.

I think you can tighten the band for the hi,lo if that's what you mean . There is a stud sticking out of the top of the gearbox where the top meets the side you tighten this nut up to tighten up the band. I did it years ago to stop the one we had slipping. We were hedge cutting with it so used the hi,lo quite a bit. Sorry if a bit vague it's a while since I did it.

Careful now there is two one on the side of the gearbox and one on the top overdo it and you will wind up with steel on steel and completely feck the drum.
If you are leaking oil on to the rim you need to pull the half shaft and strip it down remove the trumpet housing then remove the three 10mm bolts and the seal. you will need to be careful as the seals on the diff side are easily damaged on the extraction and installation............... when you are in there check the brake discs and the accumulator springs, You also need to check the wear faces to make sure that they are within tolerance................................................................................

Back