New tractor

Im not sure what size it is, its in one of the fields that we have for grazing not our own fields.
who set that up, hardly a private thing is it?

here, did ye build the stone on the new shed to make it all nice n pretty, and then realised ye made the doors too narrow and built up a rake of blocks to block the hole, or what.....:lol:

06BF7026-577B-46EB-A127-DBAA07DD4BC2-8362-00000732C5575B97_zps97771a36.jpg

who set that up, hardly a private thing is it?

here, did ye build the stone on the new shed to make it all nice n pretty, and then realised ye made the doors too narrow and built up a rake of blocks to block the hole, or what.....:lol:

06BF7026-577B-46EB-A127-DBAA07DD4BC2-8362-00000732C5575B97_zps97771a36.jpg

The field is owned by the director of a company that supplies turbines and solar panels. Im not sure of the story with the shed doors, the shed is on a farm that is rented and the sheds always been like that.

Lookin well there Fraser, very smart looking outfit.
Can't see that weight block losing too many battles!!

Whereabouts are you based? I'm guessing Scotland?

Lookin well there Fraser, very smart looking outfit.
Can't see that weight block losing too many battles!!

Whereabouts are you based? I'm guessing Scotland?

No it doesnt loose right enough.

Feeder001.jpg

The car didnt actually hit the block it ended up in the ditch instead but the photo looks deceiving.

Yeah we're based in scotland, just though we're about 10 mile over the border

No it doesnt loose right enough.

Feeder001.jpg

The car didnt actually hit the block it ended up in the ditch instead but the photo looks deceiving.

Yeah we're based in scotland, just though we're about 10 mile over the border

the right side of it then:D:thumbup2:

Nice one, enjoy married life! The best of luck to you both.

Spent two great years in Scotland (00-02). Great people and super farmers.
Was based up around Angus, Perthshire and Fife in the seed tattie game.

Nice one, enjoy married life! The best of luck to you both.

Spent two great years in Scotland (00-02). Great people and super farmers.
Was based up around Angus, Perthshire and Fife in the seed tattie game.

My dads family were originally from the perthshire area, theres still a fair few of them up there its an amazing place to visit.

My dads family were originally from the perthshire area, theres still a fair few of them up there its an amazing place to visit.

Some of those fertile valleys like that running from Coupar Angus up to Forfar are like the land of milk and honey.

What is the family name up there?

Never really got down to the borders much as we didn't have any growers down there.

Some of those fertile valleys like that running from Coupar Angus up to Forfar are like the land of milk and honey.

What is the family name up there?

Never really got down to the borders much as we didn't have any growers down there.

Yeah some of the land up there is ideal for potatoes and the like, the family name is Baxter. There isnt many of them involved with farming up there, I have more relatives further north around Lossiemouth and Elgin, theyre more involved with farming and a bit of the whiskey industry.

Ah cool, can't say I came across any Baxters in my travels. The wife and I aim to get over there again at some stage.

Great country.

Well the tractors back at the dealers, the exhaust broke under the bonnet and tried to set fire to its self.

Oh dear :thumbdown:

Did it do much damage?

No its just the exhaust thats broken, when it started to regenerate the smoke from below the bonnet was a worry though, took it to the dealers at 8 and they didnt have the part but robbed one from another tractor in the yard and had ours going by 9.30

No its just the exhaust thats broken, when it started to regenerate the smoke from below the bonnet was a worry though, took it to the dealers at 8 and they didnt have the part but robbed one from another tractor in the yard and had ours going by 9.30

thats what i would expect any dealer to do for a tractor under warranty - assuming a compatible tractor in the yard

lets hope the teething probs end soon :yes:

First full day out with the front power harrow and things went well, was drinking a bit of diesel but less than if there had been two tractors going, there was even dust flying off it.

6140AE0B-2A07-4E07-A494-168C83018919-13001-00000E181AA7E0C5_zps9e362d8a.jpg

The tractor drilling today, first day out with the camera so still needing to work on the position and orientation of it but im pretty pleased with the picture from it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF5geq3d9rg"]Drilling S Barley - YouTube[/ame]

Another video drilling
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX6P9Xcp7Y8"]Drilling again - YouTube[/ame]

And a bit of slurry

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvxv-ibkzN8"]Spreading slurry - YouTube[/ame]

Back