Mower choice

Reggie.

Alright guys. Just looking for advice here.

No mower at present but was asked to take over the mowing side of things of another contractor as he is winding down. Approx 1300 acres of his with about 400 of my own.

Not too fond of a trailed mower so thinking of a 9ft mounted mower. Probably have to go with the centre pivot ones.

Don't think I could take all the acrage so roughly 1000 per year but more realisticly possibly 600 to 700 to start due to my own contracting commitments.

I'm running a landini 5-115H. 110 horses to play with.

Cheers in advance

Is he baling or pit?
Haven't a cats chance of keeping ahead of a harvester with the power you mention I'd be thinking?
Why don't you like trailed?
I'd be very slow to have anything but

Is he baling or pit?
Haven't a cats chance of keeping ahead of a harvester with the power you mention I'd be thinking?
Why don't you like trailed?
I'd be very slow to have anything but
He's baler. All harvesters here have thier own mowers. It's the initial cost really. 9ft mounted is coming at roughly 11k where a trailed 10ft is nearly 20k.

Even tho he wants me to take over his custumers there's no guarantee that they will get me once they hear the baler man doesn't mow himself anymore.

Just thinking of playing it safe

Plain mower as I do tedding and raking for the baler man already so the rake would stick the grass into rows anyways
Not bad then. Go 10ft. You've the power for it with 110. Is the landini 6 cyl? Always better than 4 cyl on mowing.

If your starting out as a new contractor its probably important to have good equipment similar to what everone else has to look the part and do a good job. Alot of farmers wouldnt be pushed on a contractor turning up with a non conditioner mower. To do that sort of work id say nothing less then a 10 foot conditioner mower. We have a kuhn 313 10 foot mounted mower and ive tried to use it with my dads landini mythos 115 im not sure if its anyway similar to your newer landini but its just not enough tractor to handle the mower it has the power to drive it ok but the tractor linkage is not safe to carry it.

If your starting out as a new contractor its probably important to have good equipment similar to what everone else has to look the part and do a good job. Alot of farmers wouldnt be pushed on a contractor turning up with a non conditioner mower. To do that sort of work id say nothing less then a 10 foot conditioner mower. We have a kuhn 313 10 foot mounted mower and ive tried to use it with my dads landini mythos 115 im not sure if its anyway similar to your newer landini but its just not enough tractor to handle the mower it has the power to drive it ok but the tractor linkage is not safe to carry it.
Well most of the grass is raked anyways plus when it's mowed alot of the farmers want the vanes opened in the mower. Same difference isn't it?

What's the rate for mowing with a non-conditioner? I'd say that's the biggest gripe most customers would have, you couldn't charge as much as the next guy with a conditioner fitted.

With the wet summers we get and the short windows of weather suitable for baling ,imo you could forget about tedding in a lot of cases .I think a conditioner mower is essential for any serious contractor .My 1st choice would be 10 foot trailed jd 1365 ,after that a kleve mounted conditioner10 foot comes in at 16k but is a fair lump .dont know would your landini be up for it???
If you are dead bent on a nine foot mower ,I would consider 9 foot trailed conditioner after that ,how much does the 9 foot trailed kleve conditioner cost?

With the wet summers we get and the short windows of weather suitable for baling ,imo you could forget about tedding in a lot of cases .I think a conditioner mower is essential for any serious contractor .My 1st choice would be 10 foot trailed jd 1365 ,after that a kleve mounted conditioner10 foot comes in at 16k but is a fair lump .dont know would your landini be up for it???
If you are dead bent on a nine foot mower ,I would consider 9 foot trailed conditioner after that ,how much does the 9 foot trailed kleve conditioner cost?
Not sure. I know any farmers here don't buy any moco anyways.

The tedding is getting a lot more popular around the Midlands due to the short weather windows. Grass will dry far quicker tedded out than in a row

Are you still going doing the tedding and racking as well and mowing with the one tractor how much tedding is done roughly

Back