Mower choice

What should you expect from a mower nowadays? 5-6000 acres for a 10ft bed relatively trouble free?

Last place I worked between first and second cut we would have been mowing 2200 acres give or take and the mowers were changed every five years. Did have a bearing go on the back mower one day but I got it straight away. Think It gave very little trouble bar that. Front and back were krone

Last place I worked between first and second cut we would have been mowing 2200 acres give or take and the mowers were changed every five years. Did have a bearing go on the back mower one day but I got it straight away. Think It gave very little trouble bar that. Front and back were krone
So that's roughly 5000 acres per mower before changing?

Looks different to what I remember they were selling us. Is the lift still the tractor lift though?
2002 front krone here which is a pull type, got the mower lift rams connected into the linkage lift pipe, mower rams up first then the linkage the rest of the way, chains stopping linkage going right down.

The trailed has done towards 9k acres still on original bed, changed the bearings in each disc unit as a precaution a couple of years back, has oil changed every season other than that has been no bother.

Last ditch attempt.
Anyone know anywhere that sells spurious mower skids for claas?
Looking at £120+ each from everywhere I can find.
To be fair they have lasted well!

Last ditch attempt.
Anyone know anywhere that sells spurious mower skids for claas?
Looking at £120+ each from everywhere I can find.
To be fair they have lasted well!
Have you tried our man, https://www.jmcparts.com/ , Just a personal opinion but if it was my mower I'd put back on the genuine ones, the cost is fully tax deductible so any saving may be a false economy.

Reactions: AYF
Them Cork lads can be hard to understand at the best of times but then we have the same trouble with the Welsh.:laugh:
Dunno bout that. He got a whole conversation into a sentence worth of time though I'd say! Ha.
Liked him tho. Good and quick!

Spoke to yer man earlier as it happens. Not on here is he??
The accent and quick talking posed a challenge! :lol:
They are only 10 miles from me, I would know a few of the lads working there. We re all the same down here ..... the quick talking is a sign of our massive intelligence!!

Spoke to yer man earlier as it happens. Not on here is he??
The accent and quick talking posed a challenge! :lol:

If you think that is bad don't try the next county to the West, I have a couple of aunts married to Kerry men and :scratchhead:

Back