Which gps?

Ended up getting a patchwork 505 second hand off Robert o Shea. It’s not the most top spec one but had it going there and did a few runs around the field and find it grand. Measured the tramlines and bang on. Will do me for what I want it to do. Now to get it set up in the tractor neat and tidy

Ended up getting a patchwork 505 second hand off Robert o Shea. It’s not the most top spec one but had it going there and did a few runs around the field and find it grand. Measured the tramlines and bang on. Will do me for what I want it to do. Now to get it set up in the tractor neat and tidy

How do u find d patchwork? Was second hand a good saving on buying a new 1?

Anyone having problems with easiguide 250 gps?
Mines not getting a signal and a dealer told me it's a satellite problem ??

Using a 250 here, last day I used it( about 3 weeks ago) it took about 20 mins to pick up a signal strong enough for guidance. Worked fine after though

@Danielk how is this going for you?

No problems. My own one at home is going perfect. I don’t know if I was going again would I have bought a new one. Just when I got from using the 510 at work to using my 505 at home I find the 505 slow to adjust and can be jumpy when turning in off headlands compared to the 510 at work is much smoother. Guess it’s jusr newer and better technology. But it does what I want. I only use it for spreading before sowing. After that I am on the tramlines.

Lads. i need to buy a GPS unit. New or used, I don't care.
Whats good and reasonable.
Have a patchwork that we used for years but since going to autosteer on the John deeres hardly ever use it but it gets pulled out 2 or 3 times a year if using some of the older tractors , plug in , aerial is magnetic and power up and away it goes. Not sure what model it is as we have used patchwork for the last 15 years and have changed up to a newer model 6 or 7 years ago,always got on very well with them and have never had it drop signal .it is a patchwork blackbox and I think it’s the advance but it all depends on how much you want it to do

Have a patchwork that we used for years but since going to autosteer on the John deeres hardly ever use it but it gets pulled out 2 or 3 times a year if using some of the older tractors , plug in , aerial is magnetic and power up and away it goes. Not sure what model it is as we have used patchwork for the last 15 years and have changed up to a newer model 6 or 7 years ago,always got on very well with them and have never had it drop signal .it is a patchwork blackbox and I think it’s the advance but it all depends on how much you want it to do

Thanks for that

Lads. i need to buy a GPS unit. New or used, I don't care.
Whats good and reasonable.
https://www.donedeal.ie/view/24285361
Patchwork GPS Systems

I use patchwork in work which was bought off Robert. It’s a patchwork black box 510. Old enough but still does all it’s asked. I then rang Robert about a gps and he sold me a second hand patch work black box 505. Slightly slower than the one in work but does everything I want. I find them very easy to use.

Depends on so many things, a question like that is way too open.

whats your budget?
Whats the application?
What level accuracy do you want?
Manual steer? Assisted steer? Auto steer?

will your needs change? Do you want upgradeability?

I am looking for a GPS system at the minute to basically use for spraying and fert spreading, with possibly upgrading in the future. I have been looking on line at Trimble GFX 350, Patchwork Marine, Sixty5 and Field bee, what would the collective recomend or stear clear off.

I am looking for a GPS system at the minute to basically use for spraying and fert spreading, with possibly upgrading in the future. I have been looking on line at Trimble GFX 350, Patchwork Marine, Sixty5 and Field bee, what would the collective recomend or stear clear off.
Trimble

What basic gps are lads buying now . Have an ezguide 250 in work but there not available anymore. Just needed for fert and spraying. @James .You posted about upgrading early in the year I think. Can’t find that thread now .

What basic gps are lads buying now . Have an ezguide 250 in work but there not available anymore. Just needed for fert and spraying. @James .You posted about upgrading early in the year I think. Can’t find that thread now .
Check this thread it’s a grass guide James got earlier this year I got one as well.

Check this thread it’s a grass guide James got earlier this year I got one as well.
Sorry I linked the wrong thread it’s this one

I've a Patchwork Back Box Air.
Works very well. Simple to use. And considerably less money than most at the time. Use it for a lot of jobs!

It's based on an off the sheld Ipad, so their manufacturing costs are low.

Back