Which gps?

petethefarmeruk

We need to go with GPS but which system. Is Green Star better than Trimble or are they all much the same. Spaldings are offering a Leica system at a good price but does it work?

I've looked at Lecia, Trimble(I think), TopCon and one other I can't remember. Anyhow I've decided on TopCon, I think their system just looks better and has a generally better looking quality to it.

We need to go with GPS but which system. Is Green Star better than Trimble or are they all much the same. Spaldings are offering a Leica system at a good price but does it work?

Simple light bar or assisted steering?

what do you want to do? long term plans for the farm?

I've looked at Lecia, Trimble(I think), TopCon and one other I can't remember. Anyhow I've decided on TopCon, I think their system just looks better and has a generally better looking quality to it.

personally didn't like the Topcon seemed to take up a lot of space in the cab and found it hard to use unlike the leica which I got:001_smile:

personally didn't like the Topcon seemed to take up a lot of space in the cab and found it hard to use unlike the leica which I got:001_smile:

Found the same myself my uncle has it.im used to it now but it's clumsy and hard to use,

Claas GPS Copilote http://http://www.claas-agrosystems.com/en/guidance-systems/gps-guidance/gps-copilot.htmlalso sold as The Outback S Lite GPS very simple and for under £500 a really good buy. Wouldn't be with out ours for anything from top dressing
spraying or mowing, also measures the field area and give a headland warning.

CPUfarmer on Ebay Yes works fine. You will be charged VAT at customs but can reclaim it with the right paper work from Ups

Topcon 110 is very good when you get the hang of it properly but that does take time.
The coverage mapping is the best feature I find,dont need to set ab lines at all for many jobs the screen tells u if ur lapping or gapping

Did you get the topcon yet diesel power and if so how are you finding it? The rep is coming to me this week to give me a demo.
He was saying that the topcon hardly ever looses reception and that 3g phone masts affects some of the other makes but not theirs. Having said that it could be just sales talk, anyone shed some light on it:undecided:

never had a prob with signal with our 110 ,just after getting another set of cables for one of the other tractors so it can be moved easily ,expensive enough tbh

never had a prob with signal with our 110 ,just after getting another set of cables for one of the other tractors so it can be moved easily ,expensive enough tbh

Is it much of a job transfering it between tractors without the extra set of cables? Tbh will prob end up going for the topcon as te fella selling the trimble wouldnt do a demo

no ,only we had the cables hidden behind the panels never thought we would be moving it ,u will see for urself at the demo how easy they are to move, extra cables were 250 euro

Last edited:
Did you get the topcon yet diesel power and if so how are you finding it? The rep is coming to me this week to give me a demo.
He was saying that the topcon hardly ever looses reception and that 3g phone masts affects some of the other makes but not theirs. Having said that it could be just sales talk, anyone shed some light on it:undecided:

No I haven'th got it yet. Tbh I'm finished up all the work that I would have used it on so I'm gonna wait until later on in the year but my mind is set on the TopCon. Let me know what you think when that rep calls out.

Had the topcon rep here today doing a demo of the 110. Bought one anyways and have been playing with it this evening and have to say im impressed with it:thumbup:
I know others have said its hard to use but i found it no bother at all, also ya would have it changed between tractors in a few mins. What was the name of the rep you were talking to diesel power?

Before you buy a top con price a new Ariel /receiver for it as it sits quite high on cab and are very vulnerable to the odd stray branch . Have a blackboxcruiser here and am on second receiver which can be replaced for €20 , have heard that either the Leica or topcon receiver ,(can't remember) is an expensive item to replace

Anyone know where you can get a good strong suction cup mount for mounting the gps screen to the front window? Was thinking about making a bracket of the right hand door handle but it would be a clumsy enough job or how have other people them mounted?

Anyone know where you can get a good strong suction cup mount for mounting the gps screen to the front window? Was thinking about making a bracket of the right hand door handle but it would be a clumsy enough job or how have other people them mounted?

our topcon came wit the window suction thing but everytime time yad hit a bump it wud fall off and nearly make shite of the control box. made up a simple bracket that bolts to front right corner post of cab. works a treat and ya can fold it away wen not in use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I bought a vice with a suction cup mount in EPT in Carlow, good strong triple one. I unscrewed the vice and bolted it to the controls of my trailed sprayer. Cost me 17 euro. Works 100%. They also sell double suckers for moving large sheets of glass which a friend of mine used to mount his sprayer controls. The beauty of the one i bought is you can rotate it up down left and right and lock it.

Back