New milking parlour

Why did u change parlour so padraig not big enough ?? And would you miss the jars ?
Been honest cow flow was brutal lad. I had cows standing on lanes cos the yard was too small and couldnt it a drafter in place. If you asked me a month ago I'd have said yes I missed them. But now I am getting more used to the new job. Always liked the jars from a management point of view

How's the new parlour going padraig and have ye cows out that yere way ?
Ya flying it now lad. More or less finished in the parlour. Have some concreting out side to do but not urgent. It's going well. Ya have cows out by day about 5 weeks now.

You don't miss the jars now I suppose ?
5 weeks did you put them in at all or what ?!? . We have plenty of rain got around here the last 2 weeks, I dunno about ye ?

You don't miss the jars now I suppose ?
5 weeks did you put them in at all or what ?!? . We have plenty of rain got around here the last 2 weeks, I dunno about ye ?
I do and I don't. People give out about jars but they weren't all that bad either. They went out the week of the 10tg of Jan. They had to stay in for 4days a week ago cos was raining. Hasn't been to bad rain wise here compared to last year neway

I do and I don't. People give out about jars but they weren't all that bad either. They went out the week of the 10tg of Jan. They had to stay in for 4days a week ago cos was raining. Hasn't been to bad rain wise here compared to last year neway
When will you finish your first round, out with 5 weeks you must have a decent hole in it

Had you cows calved on the 10th of January ? So you think padraig I might be ok with my 12 unit parlour with jars ?

Really.What is involved in fitting turbo release to existing machine and how does it work again ??
I really don't think it will quicken you up. It works as normal two switches down to release the milk except the flow is alot quicker out. When we done it we were doing a job, so a new bigger line went in along with the turbo release ( that not the exact name it escape me now ) we also done away with the black rubber taps on the bottom of the jars and put on the newer type taps which isn't prone to crap building up on the inside

This turbo release it just leaves the milk flow through the jars is it or is when it gets to a certain point it goes off ?

This turbo release it just leaves the milk flow through the jars is it or is when it gets to a certain point it goes off ?
Both lad. You can milk through the jarswhen the milk gets to a point it will go it's it's or you can hold the milk and when you release the milk it flow away quicker

Rite that explains why I couldn't milk through the jars, lik fallas were saying I could but no unless I had the turbo release .. have you any idea what it cost you to put it in that time ?

Rite that explains why I couldn't milk through the jars, lik fallas were saying I could but no unless I had the turbo release .. have you any idea what it cost you to put it in that time ?
Ya you will need it to be able to milk through. And to be honest anytime I milked through them I'd say about 10-15 mins is all I'd save. I haven't a clue I can't remember. All I know is if you ring David Parker there are 14 of them here

Well I can't milk through the jars at present,you mean I would have to have the turbo release to milk through them ?
So what are you saying that there is no point in putting it in if you would only save 10-15 mins ?

Well I can't milk through the jars at present,you mean I would have to have the turbo release to milk through them ?
So what are you saying that there is no point in putting it in if you would only save 10-15 mins ?

I would say more important is the size of your milkline rather than turbo release,you want a stable as possible vaccum level,if your milkline is over full you won't get this.

Sorry I should have said you would save 15mins or so milking through the jars over releasing the milk after ever cow

My milkline is 2 inches and the pipe out of the receving jar at the front is
1.5 inches .
So overall padraig what do you think you have experience of both systems now ?

My milkline is 2 inches and the pipe out of the receving jar at the front is
1.5 inches .
So overall padraig what do you think you have experience of both systems now ?
How can you compair it doh. Like we went from a Mondeo to a rolls Royce. I wouldn't go back obviously but it would not bother me if I had too either. Simple system with f all to go wrong. I'll get a few pics when I get back to the yard for you

Back