Older diggers for farm use

Can any1 give me a value on a 1998 fermec 860 in average condition tyres fair unsure of hours and wear on pins etc not much on dd to go by
Around 13-15K?
We have a 94 860, bought it in 2015. Was offered 10k for it in the spring of this year.
Depends on whats buckets are with, is ther a quick hitch, cosmetic condition etc.

Can any1 give me a value on a 1998 fermec 860 in average condition tyres fair unsure of hours and wear on pins etc not much on dd to go by
I bought a clean 01last year from a dealer, 8000 odd hours , front and back q hitch ,3 used rear buckets new standard front bucket
€21000 incl vat

Tidy enough bus for farm use
https://www.donedeal.ie/otherfarmmachinery-for-sale/ford-655-digger-/22446603

YWYyY2ZmYmFlNjBjOTJlNzgyYzNmMTRiYTA4NDY0OWQsOKxDcvwGUXemFIF6MAmlaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjg2NTY2Njd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg
They were popular on the sites in 80s and 90s

How do people rate these? i only drove one the once and remember having to rev the nutts off it to get it going
https://www.donedeal.ie/plantmachinery-for-sale/case-580g/22624281
N2EyZmY0NTM5MzQ2OTM2MzBjMjZkNThiZTBiMDU4N2SBxtm4nv9oZnUdWKSeKHe8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjk5NjM5MTR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

A relative has 1 of them . With the older DB 996 engine.i Only worked it twice , for possibly an hour altogether . I thought it lovely to dig with . Engine slow to start , maybe just that one ? Its 2 wd , and front axle a weak spot , especially if owner doesent know what a grease gun is for …..
A lot of castings in the back acter . If cracked/welded , run away . Torque can fail , as can anything , but its often just a spring that breaks.

The earlier ones were DB based, once they moved to the G series I'm not sure if they went to the IH line rather than DB

DB engine up to 88 . Cummins engine after that .
A local ready mix supplier had one for a while , maybe 10 years ago now , reckoned that they were far ahead of a 3 CX. another man I know has one for 20 + years . Loves it.
I don't know anything about parts .

A relative has 1 of them . With the older DB 996 engine.i Only worked it twice , for possibly an hour altogether . I thought it lovely to dig with . Engine slow to start , maybe just that one ? Its 2 wd , and front axle a weak spot , especially if owner doesent know what a grease gun is for …..
A lot of castings in the back acter . If cracked/welded , run away . Torque can fail , as can anything , but its often just a spring that breaks.

DB engine up to 88 . Cummins engine after that .
A local ready mix supplier had one for a while , maybe 10 years ago now , reckoned that they were far ahead of a 3 CX. another man I know has one for 20 + years . Loves it.
I don't know anything about parts .
That one looks pretty fresh it has the extending back actor too, looks to be on a job atm too which is always good to see

Possibly. 2016 I bought down south Wexford. Served me well but clutch needs attention now and I haven’t the motivation. If I got 1000€ for it now and got that for 2500€ it’d be good business if done the job.

You'd have come up a good few years too although I think the 4550 would have a higher lift capacity.

Back