Machinery on Youtube

Was more the boom I was liking the look of being able to do 24m in 2 passes. Wonder if it would stick being tanker mounted

I thought these booms were available in 24m rather than have to slide the unit over and back?

Fantastic looking fields though.

Thought it was as much to do with not dragging the hose over the crop. Unroll as you cover half it going forward then roll it up as you reverse back covering the rest. A lot more traffic on the tramlines but no crop damage.

Thought it was as much to do with not dragging the hose over the crop. Unroll as you cover half it going forward then roll it up as you reverse back covering the rest. A lot more traffic on the tramlines but no crop damage.
That makes sense, not to be dragging the pipe. Pipe doesnt do much damage usually, only unsightly smearing

I thought these booms were available in 24m rather than have to slide the unit over and back?

Fantastic looking fields though.
They are available in 24m but on a tanker unless it's a big one you don't get far down a field if you're putting say 3000g/a on before you're empty then having to drive over what you have already spread to finish the run

Would it not be around 1990 given the MC1 cab JD?

My dad has a 2650 on an E plate (88/89) with the MC1 cab the CC1 cab with gears on the side were a bit later,far better to get in and out of.

I’ve a bad knee thinking about using a 2650 on the clamp,they have a horribly stiff clutch.

Back