Combines

AFAIK they are, on what scale I couldn't tell you. Around the time of the big JD that you mentioned they took a lot of land. I remember as a young lad they had a farm taken in Fenniscourt and there was 9 combines spread over 3 fields harvesting, not all their own machines mind.

AFAIK they are, on what scale I couldn't tell you. Around the time of the big JD that you mentioned they took a lot of land. I remember as a young lad they had a farm taken in Fenniscourt and there was 9 combines spread over 3 fields harvesting, not all their own machines mind.
are they the same family as leased the greenfield farm in kilkenny to the holy trinity ?

index.php

Nice new Combine in Dublin port today.

Attachments

• 20181228_150755.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 567
So I was looking over combine options again and a few questions come to mind. I keep seeing a dominator 76 listed in donedeal which seems like a good option so had a look at specs again for this machine and a few questions for the experts here

Its a 4 walker - not ideal - we are on hilly ground.
Drum is only 450mm and 1060mm wide - is this a concern?

this seems very small compared to say the NH 8040/50 600mm and 1040mm wide or even old masseys 500 series 560mm and 1100mm wide ??

Acreage will probably only be about 50-80 acres max but I want something that will cut 2-3 acres/hour.

I can use contractors but I'd like to own the process if possible. Budget 7-8k.

So I was looking over combine options again and a few questions come to mind. I keep seeing a dominator 76 listed in donedeal which seems like a good option so had a look at specs again for this machine and a few questions for the experts here

this seems very small compared to say the NH 8040/50 600mm and 1040mm wide or even old masseys 500 series 560mm and 1100mm wide ??

Acreage will probably only be about 50-80 acres max but I want something that will cut 2-3 acres/hour.

I'm no expert on combines, but based of of my dads experience, NH 8060/70 will be down your alley. loaned our 8070 to a friend who had a field i would say was more like a mountain but i digress, the main issue was that some of the belts were slipping but that was it.

That dominator 76 had been on done deal this two years I think if it's the same one, must be a catch to it

Just took a look at done deal, dont think i would touch any of the combines for sale on it at the moment in your price range. Hold your horses and wait for the right one to come up. Lots of lads here who will let you kn ow when a GEM appears.

Forget about that Dominator, as said about it's on Donedeal quite some time which is reason enough...

You'd need a good day to cut 25 acres with it as well.

Given your budget I'd limit it to a Dominator 86/96, NH 8055/8060 or Deutz 2680/2780.

Of the three I mention I'd favour the Deutz option especially if you could get a 2780. I know I'm being biased! The NH and Deutz are favoured more by mechanics around here.

You could also go wild and I thought of you earlier today...
https://jrfirby.co.uk/products/11-combines/421-claas-avero-240-combine

claas-avero-240-combine-sutton-brush-025.JPG

Thanks lads that was my initial thought last year when saw the 76 but got tempted again when see it’s still there.

@nashmach that’s a good option but sure the transport would kill it!!!

Thanks lads that was my initial thought last year when saw the 76 but got tempted again when see it’s still there.

@nashmach that’s a good option but sure the transport would kill it!!!

Surly get something home like that for 800-1000? Even cheaper if just dropped to rosslare for you.

If the budget would stretch to something so new

Those old claas would give you some headache with the engine roaring right behind you
they will alright. had a 695 mega to do our own silage and the neighbours, but when she got goin, the ear protectors were wanted

Surly get something home like that for 800-1000? Even cheaper if just dropped to rosslare for you.

If the budget would stretch to something so new
It doesn’t was only taking the piss:Thumbp2:.
Be a nice machine to operate wouldn’t matter how slow it was sure be a pure pleasure in that cab!

Would you look at a tx new holland or are you gearing towards a claas?
A decent Tx will be 12k+. 10k would be tops really. A good 8060/70 was plan A don’t know much about the 8055 but probably would be fine also. Don’t see many deutz around here to be honest.

I know our old 3610 is in Kellys , it’s a shame it was left sitting so long as it looks a shame now but it was a very good combine to thrash .... could be worth a cheeky bid..... I’d even chance offeing something under 10k for it but I’d be going straight to Maurice about it

Anything you'll buy in that price range, be ready for either painfully slow output or a lot of skinned knuckles.
A decent 1540/1545 if you can find one that's still in good condition will do 15-25 acres per day. Tank size is an issue.
Any nice 8055 will cost 10k plus. Tank size not so much an issue but still small.
TX's start at 12k for rough ones all the way to the mid 20's for pristine examples. Any TX will motor through 3-4 acres/hr no bother.
Best value you'll get in a TX is the 36, bit big for most but, a good performer for the money.

I know our old 3610 is in Kellys , it’s a shame it was left sitting so long as it looks a shame now but it was a very good combine to thrash .... could be worth a cheeky bid..... I’d even chance offeing something under 10k for it but I’d be going straight to Maurice about it

Seen many a good machine going in there looking great and years later still there with flat tyres and a lot more weathered looking

Back