Combines

Too good to put back to work...
https://www.donedeal.ie/combineharvesters-for-sale/very-low-hour-newholland-8030-combine/22420314

YTgwMTdmMDI5MGU1YmJjY2U3YWQwMTM4YWQ4MTM2NTPLvVT7Z-yg6cKSbVoTIJefaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjg0Njg3OTR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

It's more of a 3580 I think, still has levers too. Would be a fine combine.

You are right It's a five walker.

But with a 225hp engine versus the 140/150hp in the 3580.

I think you had to go to a 3630 if not a 3640 to get that level of power in the late 80s!

I know now why I should have blocked this thread!! Just back from armstrongs - a few spare fingers, reel tines, a couple of knife guides and a set of blades so I can have the spare knife ready - oh you'll need rivets with those as well €30 a bag and you'll need 2 bags... all in with discount €330 ...:censored:

Anyway the knives on my combine already are bottom serrated - they only stock top serrated. No issue mixing apparently but which do you folks use or what is pros cons of each.

Attachments

• IMG_0481.JPG
    IMG_0481.JPG
    253.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    262.9 KB · Views: 53
I know now why I should have blocked this thread!! Just back from armstrongs - a few spare fingers, reel tines, a couple of knife guides and a set of blades so I can have the spare knife ready - oh you'll need rivets with those as well €30 a bag and you'll need 2 bags... all in with discount €330 ...:censored:

Anyway the knives on my combine already are bottom serrated - they only stock top serrated. No issue mixing apparently but which do you folks use or what is pros cons of each.
You think you have problems I spent €300 on a belt and blades for my Lawnmower . At least the combine has aircon.

I was in Jenkinsons yesterday, got everything spurious at less than half the price of genuine. Some dealerships wont keep spurious and they are a bit of a ripoff.

I've a BISO head for my Deutz and cant get spurious fingers but the BISO fingers are indestructible.

I've a BISO head for my Deutz and cant get spurious fingers but the BISO fingers are indestructible.
Pictures please!! Got a second hand head here for ours this year. Probably should have bought a combine to go with it.

Can anyone help me. The drum speed is not coming up on the dash of my deutz 3580. Road speed is working but when you change over to drum nothing. Any ideas what the problem could be

Can anyone help me. The drum speed is not coming up on the dash of my deutz 3580. Road speed is working but when you change over to drum nothing. Any ideas what the problem could be

Have you tried the wire on the sender on the drum, probably a poor connection there.

All top serrated ones I use. I got them on eBay. Only catch is there NH sections but I've increased their value by using them on an MF machine :laugh:. Tbf there very good ones and chrome plated whatever that's supposed to do. Keep the rust off I suppose. I'd certainly have no issues using them again.

Can be as simple as a dirty sensor or the wire as Nash said. I bought a speed tester on e-bay for less than 20 euro and if i have a problem i can manually test speed form the side with that now. A nice spare to have in a combine.

image.jpeg My combine is leaving a few grains on some heads out in the straw. My concave settings are correct but I am wondering about the rasp bars. They still have decent teeth on them but are fairly rounded. Not sure if photos will show clearly.
What's your opinions on replacing them?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 30
View attachment 68102 My combine is leaving a few grains on some heads out in the straw. My concave settings are correct but I am wondering about the rasp bars. They still have decent teeth on them but are fairly rounded. Not sure if photos will show clearly.
In winter barley or is it last harvest your referring to?
The winter barley this is only just about ripe this year, it’s tough cutting so that might be half your problem

Our combine man replaced theses ones this year. It was leaving a bit on the straw last year. Its doing a very good job this year so far. They have only three seasons done and are well down when you see them alongside new ones. I wouldn’t be trying to get the last out of them.B19DE772-77E1-45E8-B44B-B516C1ABCD45.jpeg A5F2DDAC-8847-4B67-A925-C51D0327B063.jpeg
View attachment 68102 My combine is leaving a few grains on some heads out in the straw. My concave settings are correct but I am wondering about the rasp bars. They still have decent teeth on them but are fairly rounded. Not sure if photos will show clearly.

How many €€€ is your harvest . If your total harvest is €100K and you get a 3% increase in yield by changing the beater bars that is €3000 . You will also get other benefits like increase in output plus lower diesel use and less strain on the drive chain and less ribbing from the neighbours by having bales with so much geeenery on them that you could graze a goat on them . If you had time you could run an angle grinder and sharpen the serrations and it might give the barley time to ripen .

In winter barley or is it last harvest your referring to?
The winter barley this is only just about ripe this year, it’s tough cutting so that might be half your problem
Its this years winter barley, most of it cut now but wondering if I should change them before the spring barley. I agree with you about just being barely ripe, I thought on 12th July it would not be ready till after 22nd but then two blistering days of sunshine last weekend and I got anxious and started cutting Tuesday only to find it 15.5%MC. Mind you with the breaks in the weather it has gone back up to 21% today.

Our combine man replaced theses ones this year. It was leaving a bit on the straw last year. Its doing a very good job this year so far. They have only three seasons done and are well down when you see them alongside new ones. I wouldn’t be trying to get the last out of them.View attachment 68117 View attachment 68116
Three seasons Holy S**t, my combine is 38 years old and I don't think my father ever changed them. At least there are none thrown in the scrap heap, and he never dumped anything. I reckon she has approx 2,500 acres cut from new.

How many €€€ is your harvest . If your total harvest is €100K and you get a 3% increase in yield by changing the beater bars that is €3000 . You will also get other benefits like increase in output plus lower diesel use and less strain on the drive chain and less ribbing from the neighbours by having bales with so much geeenery on them that you could graze a goat on them . If you had time you could run an angle grinder and sharpen the serrations and it might give the barley time to ripen .
Grain income is €30K to €35K depending on price. So on your calcs 3% is worth €900 to €1000. Would the new set cost me around €700ish??? I have never touched them so probably safer get a combine mechanic to fit for me. Break even in a year. I am reluctant to spend too much on the combine by doing these kind of jobs as I would hope to upgrade in the next few years and nobody will notice these when selling.

Back