Combines

It'd be dear alright, there might be some hope of getting near that money for it if he fitted a 17 ft head to it, should be well able for it.
I wouldn't agree. 17' would slaughter a 155hp combine and you'd be at crawling speed particularly in a good standing crop of wheat. At least you can travel up local country roads with a 13'. A 17' would turn me off it.

I wouldn't agree. 17' would slaughter a 155hp combine and you'd be at crawling speed particularly in a good standing crop of wheat. At least you can travel up local country roads with a 13'. A 17' would turn me off it.
Thought it might be a six walker combine, never read much about 30 series, didn't think about the HP. My 8060 is around 120HP and seems well matched to 13 ft.

Thought it might be a six walker combine, never read much about 30 series, didn't think about the HP. My 8060 is around 120HP and seems well matched to 13 ft.
You have to go to a TX36 to get to a 6 walker. We had an 8060, great combine, normally it's inability to fully trash a crop (smaller drum and no rotary separator) would constrain its output but in a ripe crop of wheat you would have to keep a close eye on the temp gauge.
Our TX62 (200hp) had a 15' header and our current CX (286hp) has a 17'. Both well matched IMO.

You have to go to a TX36 to get to a 6 walker. We had an 8060, great combine, normally it's inability to fully trash a crop (smaller drum and no rotary separator) would constrain its output but in a ripe crop of wheat you would have to keep a close eye on the temp gauge.
Our TX62 (200hp) had a 15' header and our current CX (286hp) has a 17'. Both well matched IMO.

What model CX have you and how does it compare to the TX

What model CX have you and how does it compare to the TX
CX760. Totally different machine, much improved over the TX which was in itself a good machine. The biggest differences are the larger concave and drum with 2 extra rasp bars gives it much higher output (about 50% I guess), the auto float header is a gift and the high spout allows us to fill lorries without any hassle.

stay awy from the 62 there
I saw the picture of the 62 and I was saying would keeping the 34 and running two be an idea because it sounded good value, I went off the idea soon after anyway, rough is it? I read a few comments from someone in Cork who must be connected to it that didn't read well, rang about the 66 yesterday was suppose to come back with details but as is all too common in Ireland they didn't bother.

I cannot understand why people run combines into the ground. I looked at a few Deutz combines and there were pulleys worn that should have been replaced. I have seen modern New Holland that the fingers needed replacing. They are a wearing part so replace them .
Combines cannot function if belts are slipping

That one blew it's engine last yr afaik after being traded before the new one arrived @wheatwhacker might know more about it as it was down near him

Does that not sound abit mad- engine blew with only 1645 drum hours completed???

Surely that would need to be upwards of 4/5000 hours for somthing like that to happen? I suppose an engine can blow whenever regardless of hours or conditions..

Also does 1645 hours seem abit low for a combine to have completed 22 seasons??? Probably would sell alot quicker with a 15ft cut but I'd be probably thinking 30 to 35k max?

Does that not sound abit mad- engine blew with only 1645 drum hours completed???

Surely that would need to be upwards of 4/5000 hours for somthing like that to happen? I suppose an engine can blow whenever regardless of hours or conditions..

Also does 1645 hours seem abit low for a combine to have completed 22 seasons??? Probably would sell alot quicker with a 15ft cut but I'd be probably thinking 30 to 35k max?
Not many around with such low hours but id like to know whay was or was not done with the engine. If it were in good condition amd the engine was replaced or reconditioned properly with a guarantee id say the price isnt too far off provided there was a bit of room for negotiation Nd thachine had been well minded.

Define blow . It could have dropped a valve or got overheated or lost oil going to a cooler or even have the oil bung fallout. It may have missed a few harvests due to sitting in a dealers yard.
How many acres would it be comfortable cutting.

Not many around with such low hours but id like to know whay was or was not done with the engine. If it were in good condition amd the engine was replaced or reconditioned properly with a guarantee id say the price isnt too far off provided there was a bit of room for negotiation Nd thachine had been well minded.

Very true.. you would have to find out exactly what was done or not done..
Well minded low hour combines of that size are a scarce commodity! Unless of course you win the euro millions and give Rodney Cowle a quick call:thumbup:!.

Define blow . It could have dropped a valve or got overheated or lost oil going to a cooler or even have the oil bung fallout. It may have missed a few harvests due to sitting in a dealers yard.

Probably 200 to 300ac?? I think @Barrowsider was quoted before saying his 62 with 15ft cut was a steady combination... I suppose the 17ft wouldn't be a problem either, for mainly Spring crops or just slower output in Winter barley??

Probably 200 to 300ac?? I think @Barrowsider was quoted before saying his 62 with 15ft cut was a steady combination... I suppose the 17ft wouldn't be a problem either, for mainly Spring crops or just slower output in Winter barley??
It would comfortably cut 300ac if there was a mix of spring and autumn cropping. We have a Tx 34 doing it here with years, and the 62 would be an upgraded version of it.

That 62 was cutting this year, not a bother on it..
The previous owner was not cutting a massive amount of grain but, apparently got some extra cutting and ended up buying a new one.
The dealer selling the machine was cutting himself with it this year and it seems to purr along fine.
Engine has been done up and I have personally seen a lot of new parts go into it.
The header is a bit big but she’s well able for it. You can’t have it every way.

Last edited:
Back