Daily weather forecast update

Really very little sign of rain in the forecast for the next 15 days. That could change but right now that's how it looks.
Going to be getting very serious here by then if we don't get some, hills facing the sun are already burning off. How different it is to last year, you could see the grass growing the end of May last year!! Will it rain for a month when it starts?

Going to be getting very serious here by then if we don't get some, hills facing the sun are already burning off. How different it is to last year, you could see the grass growing the end of May last year!! Will it rain for a month when it starts?
I'm on the verge of putting bales out for the beasts

I'm on the verge of putting bales out for the beasts
I wouldn't be surprised, one guy I bale for rang tonight said he's nothing turned off for mowing yet as he can't. Done most of 1k bales in May last year, haven't done one yet! Going to be a very lean season on bale numbers if it don't alter.

Cows went back on maize for a evening and morning feed here today. We took out 4ac at the start of the round as grass was too strong, the ould man want to take more but said hold off. There are on nice grass but not filling them at all. The only thing is after grass will be in in two weeks so should take bit of pressure off. Mad how things can turn so fast and we would be on mixed soil types here. Would tuff on a dry farm now

Starting to see signs of a change to damper weather coming in the forecast for the end of next week. Still early days yet but we will have a better idea by Monday or Tuesday.

I think I'll retract that. Tonight's weather models are showing little change in weather up to mid June. Impossible to be wholly accurate beyond 10 days but it is showing tentative signs of staying dry. Some forecasters signalling cooler weather by the middle of next week, one in the UK even warning about frost. I think the Atlantic will protect us from any frost next week in Ireland.

Back