Daily weather forecast update

There doesn't seem to be any rain after Monday and Tuesday though. I don't want to jinx it but it looks like people may be looking for rain yet. Oh we'll get it in spades for the next two days though. Anywhere slurry or dung or enough p and k went there's a base of growth there. Anywhere enough of N went with that it's moving. Outside of all that grass is yellow.
Any spring cereals planted here have their fertiliser finished for exactly the reason you suggest.

There doesn't seem to be any rain after Monday and Tuesday though. I don't want to jinx it but it looks like people may be looking for rain yet. Oh we'll get it in spades for the next two days though. Anywhere slurry or dung or enough p and k went there's a base of growth there. Anywhere enough of N went with that it's moving. Outside of all that grass is yellow.

That's seems to have all changed with this evenings model runs 😞

11.3 this morning and the signs are showing already, and what there giving fir the rest of the week, its going to undo the good that has been done

Did you get the cows out @Bencroy
Sat they got out to the driest ground .got fertilizer on the silage ground with the quad on Friday/ sat. slurry is an issue now aswell and being a restricted herd isn't helping the issue either , looking like they will only get out for a few hours going by the looks of yr for the days ahead. thankfully there's plenty of silage left

Sat they got out to the driest ground .got fertilizer on the silage ground with the quad on Friday/ sat. slurry is an issue now aswell and being a restricted herd isn't helping the issue either , looking like they will only get out for a few hours going by the looks of yr for the days ahead. thankfully there's plenty of silage left
You are tough out. And I suppose to be fair you are well used to the weather not being too good in your part of the country. Looks to be better forecast for the week after again so might not be too bad.

44mm since last Saturday and still raining.
Soil temps stubbornly sitting at 9.5C.
Another 30-50mm forecasted up until the middle of next week, but temps are set to rise.
Hopefully the spring will eventually arrive next week. The last thing we need is for the weather to skip the spring and go straight into summer.

44mm since last Saturday and still raining.
Soil temps stubbornly sitting at 9.5C.
Another 30-50mm forecasted up until the middle of next week, but temps are set to rise.
Hopefully the spring will eventually arrive next week. The last thing we need is for the weather to skip the spring and go straight into summer.
Am I right in thinking that a lot of France has received very generous amounts of rain this year compared to recent years?

I must check out the recent El Niño cycle but I think it started last July, peaked at the end of 2023 and was forecast to end in mid April. If so, it looks to me like it had a lot to do with the past 8-9 months of terribly wet weather.
The warm Atlantic/global warming likely contributed too but it would be a bit of a relief if we knew that El Niño was mostly responsible.

Am I right in thinking that a lot of France has received very generous amounts of rain this year compared to recent years?

I must check out the recent El Niño cycle but I think it started last July, peaked at the end of 2023 and was forecast to end in mid April. If so, it looks to me like it had a lot to do with the past 8-9 months of terribly wet weather.
The warm Atlantic/global warming likely contributed too but it would be a bit of a relief if we knew that El Niño was mostly responsible.
‘Very generous’ would be a polite way of saying it.
Accumulations of rain are breaking records since October’23.
Western France has been well washed out, while eastern France is just cold and damp.
Either way spring/summer crops are still in the bag waiting on temps to rise.
Everything will be just dandy if we don’t go straight to summer temps at or after planting.
In Les Landes they’re waiting for weather also, and with FAO Indices of 450+, it could be a very late harvest there.

We can’t say no to rain either way.

‘Very generous’ would be a polite way of saying it.
Accumulations of rain are breaking records since October’23.
Western France has been well washed out, while eastern France is just cold and damp.
Either way spring/summer crops are still in the bag waiting on temps to rise.
Everything will be just dandy if we don’t go straight to summer temps at or after planting.
In Les Landes they’re waiting for weather also, and with FAO Indices of 450+, it could be a very late harvest there.

We can’t say no to rain either way.
Don’t you know I’m a polite man.

After looking at nearly every possible forecast for the last few days I thought today was to be the best day of the week and had a days spraying planned, instead it's torrential rain since 8 am. Water back in all the tramlines in the winter crops again.

Back