F---in car drivers

Vry

I went to Borris from Athy today on the 7840, pulled over for prob 50 or more cars on the way and only one put the hazards on as a thanks. Fairly annoying when you get shook about when doing so, there is little consideration for farm traffic from almost all motorists.

Is it me or have people lost all courtesy, as well as the ability to overtake. Driving at 50k on a straight, well sighted road with a broken line, about 20 cars behind me and not one attempting to overtake. No trailer or anything to obscure the view.

I dunno, these are the same people who would report you for mud on the road or slurry odour. :rolleyes:

Between Walkers out on the middle of the road and car drivers passing out in dangerous Spots,im driven mad i Live on a very busy road and have to across the road to my entrance ,even with lights,mirrors and indicators i have had a good few near misses

The ignorance on the road these days is shocking to be frank. I always salute someone if they wave me on or keep in. Costs absolutely nothing but the way 99% drive you'd think they'd die if they acknowledged you. ""Small little people""!!! in their big cars are the worst.
It should be drummed into people during driving lessons and indeed the test as well that manners on the road be mandatory. Of all the bull shite the rsa come up with I think manners would be a very worth while part of learning to drive.

Don't do much roadwork here but always raises my blood pressure when I do.

I have had people pass me on narrow roads and nearly land me in drains and blow their horns then :mad::mad:

I'm fed up pulling in for people too as you are simply taken for granted and don't bother indicating them on as you could be liable then!

Another thing that makes my blood boil is a basta*d in a car on a narrow road see's 8ft wide of tractor coming and still passes by every gate and gap and then expects you to drive in over the ditch to let him by. The last few times thats happened now I've just sat in the middle of the road and waved them to go back. Some start mouthing off but driving 7 or 8 tonnes of steel slowly towards their car has an amazing reaction haha.

Another thing that makes my blood boil is a basta*d in a car on a narrow road see's 8ft wide of tractor coming and still passes by every gate and gap and then expects you to drive in over the ditch to let him by. The last few times thats happened now I've just sat in the middle of the road and waved them to go back. Some start mouthing off but driving 7 or 8 tonnes of steel slowly towards their car has an amazing reaction haha.

When they don't go back. Stop engine, feet up on steering wheel and just wait :rolleyes:;)

You find some drive even faster to do that :mad:

When they don't go back. Stop engine, feet up on steering wheel and just wait :rolleyes:;)

You find some drive even faster to do that :mad:

Time I would have happily sat in the middle of the road Nash but I don't have time for that now and I'm a firm believer in fight fire with fire if ya know what I mean;). If I meet ignorance now I dole out twice as much back:angry:. Certain types only understand that way.

Time I would have happily sat in the middle of the road Nash but I don't have time for that now and I'm a firm believer in fight fire with fire if ya know what I mean;). If I meet ignorance now I dole out twice as much back:angry:. Certain types only understand that way.

In any case they won't be long moving on anyway.

Always said most should drive a tractor to see how difficult it actually is.

i wont pull in for them anymore unless im on a long draw and theres more than 15. and this shite of meeting ejits on narrow roads that go by all spaces to let you pass . i will drive right up to them an let them reverse there articulated micra. another thing truck drivers have lost all courtesy

You'll meet all types on the road from the ones that make you wonder how they ever got a licence to the best of drivers, one thing I could never understand is the type that you give a chance to pass from behind and they don't even bother with the indicator, ( convenient little stalk behind the steering wheel) but when past they can find the hazard light switch which is much less convenient .

i wont pull in for them anymore unless im on a long draw and theres more than 15. And this shite of meeting ejits on narrow roads that go by all spaces to let you pass . I will drive right up to them an let them reverse there articulated micra. Another thing truck drivers have lost all courtesy

hahaha

Fooking horsey people, they're even worse than OAPs with caravans. They dont actually drive their Range Rovers, the gear stick puts the world in to gear and it then rotates under the wheels.

Posted from the Ham Bone using Crapatalk 2

There is one particular contractor and his staff around here that could be thought a few lessons about courtesy, there is bad on both sides. Never expect to be treated the way you treat others if you have good road manners.

A friend of mine was up in Dublin and on his way he came off the M50 at the Mad-cow, while he was sat at the lights a Goldwing pulled up beside him and the rider knocked on the window of his van. He rolled down the window and the rider complemented him on his new van and asked how much did it cost, how did he like it and did it come with many extras. My friend told him what it cost what extras he got and that so far so go he liked the van and it was giving no bother at all, to which the rider replied "would indicators have been much extra".

Heading out of town one night in the car and a car pulled out in front of me, i just sped up and passed them out,they then came up behind me blowing the horn and flashing the lights. I was goin to pull up but my chips were gettin cold

A friend of mine was up in Dublin and on his way he came off the M50 at the Mad-cow, while he was sat at the lights a Goldwing pulled up beside him and the rider knocked on the window of his van. He rolled down the window and the rider complemented him on his new van and asked how much did it cost, how did he like it and did it come with many extras. My friend told him what it cost what extras he got and that so far so go he liked the van and it was giving no bother at all, to which the rider replied "would indicators have been much extra".

Haha thats brilliant!!
Have heard of a few lads round here back a few years ago were known to take out the lunch bag whenever they met some ingnorant twat that wouldn't reverse!
My own 2 favourites were once when younger myself nd dad were coming up a back road with bale trailer, cue bmw3series estates appearing from no were drives past a gate and right up to front wheel, dad gestured to the gate he could pull into on our side of road leaving room for us to pass, instead he decides to hop the car of a near vertical ditch 3 or 4 times trying to climb it and get around us... Finally coped on when he near landed it on her side :p

Then a few years later met a young lad in a fiesta when i had the turner id flicked tractor into reverse as nearest gate was behind me, just as i was taking off glanced back around to see fiesta half on the ditch passing me, hoped back off ditch a bit broke mirror off front wheel and drove her on flat out anyways.... Some will never learn....

I never do get the drivers that drive slow enough on the motorway, you pass them out maintaining a consistent speed, then they come tearing past you only for you to pass them out 5 miles later.

I never do get the drivers that drive slow enough on the motorway, you pass them out maintaining a consistent speed, then they come tearing past you only for you to pass them out 5 miles later.

Could never understand that myself. Cruise control would be great to have for them.

Weve two particular b*****d`s here who one a regular basis we have altercation`s with . One lad drive`s in the middle of the road and only dive`s in to his own side at the last second . Drive`s with his mirror`s folded in .:angry: The second lad who`s name rhymes with f**ker is plain crazy if he`s behind you he`ll pass you out on a bend to get ahead to then slow down and hold you up . He got stuck behind the boss one day for about a 1/2 mile he eventually passed by mounting the bank pulled up got out and started f**ing so boss got out and done the same . He then responded with i`ll report you to your boss :D Mind he`s very civilised when he has the wife with him :sneaky2:

There in the last while I've come to the conclusion that we're giving a couple of grand in road tax so we are as entitled to the road as anyone else! Gave up driving in the lay-bys on main roads as well let them wait till its safe picking up everything and anything in tyres and in and out of potholes and sunken manholes.
Driver's pay no heed to indicators on tractors anymore they just come zipping up your inside when turning left and then think your letting them past when your slowing to turn right :confused:

My pet hate though is when you leave cars pass and your coming up on a junction protruding out onto the road/the lay-by finishes and drivers just bunch up trying to get past! I had a lunatic near take a few of us with him coming under the railway bridge into Carrick-on-Suir from the Clonmel side a known black spot and what did he do only go under it on the wrong side car came around the bend he had inches between the car and my front tyre! :sweatdrop:

There in the last while I've come to the conclusion that we're giving a couple of grand in road tax so we are as entitled to the road as anyone else! Gave up driving in the lay-bys on main roads as well let them wait till its safe picking up everything and anything in tyres and in and out of potholes and sunken manholes.
Driver's pay no heed to indicators on tractors anymore they just come zipping up your inside when turning left and then think your letting them past when your slowing to turn right :confused:

My pet hate though is when you leave cars pass and your coming up on a junction protruding out onto the road/the lay-by finishes and drivers just bunch up trying to get past! I had a lunatic near take a few of us with him coming under the railway bridge into Carrick-on-Suir from the Clonmel side a known black spot and what did he do only go under it on the wrong side car came around the bend he had inches between the car and my front tyre! :sweatdrop:

Has happened on a few occasions this year going in to land of our own where we have to cross the road to turn left in to the field . Indicator`s working perfectly and still had 2 near miss`s with car`s. :no:

I think the standard of driving has become sloppy and lazy.

Most don't indicate on roundabouts, I keep seeing people taking short cuts across T-junctions almost taking your nose off as you come up to the junction.

If I were a garda, id be a complete Hitler....

I think the standard of driving has become sloppy and lazy.

Most don't indicate on roundabouts, I keep seeing people taking short cuts across T-junctions almost taking your nose off as you come up to the junction.

If I were a garda, id be a complete Hitler....

A certain Garda, is supposed to be moving job, so there is a "Hitler" opening coming up.

Has happened on a few occasions this year going in to land of our own where we have to cross the road to turn left in to the field . Indicator`s working perfectly and still had 2 near miss`s with car`s. :no:

Have had that a few times this year aswell, had the left hand wheel still just about i side the line, indicating left and had jus flicked on all cab lights and beacons and still had to stand on the breaks as there was not one but three cars between the bale trailer and the ditch....

Back