Fertilizer spreaders

Yes, we’re going with a Rauch Axis again. With V8 gps section control and weighing. 2.2tn capacity. Still deciding on which crane to put with it.

Nice machine. Was only looking at one of the new rauch section control electrical ones in Hegartys last week. Are you going 2.2t so it will hold 2t handy?

Nice machine. Was only looking at one of the new rauch section control electrical ones in Hegartys last week. Are you going 2.2t so it will hold 2t handy?

Exactly. Any more than 2tn would be two much for our tractor in my opinion, the crane pushes the weight back a bit.

Exactly. Any more than 2tn would be two much for our tractor in my opinion, the crane pushes the weight back a bit.

I didn't realise fert spreaders were covered? Taking advantage if it myself, going for a lemken rubin hopefully..

Maybe I'm missing something but looks like a cheap KRM / Bogballe
https://www.donedeal.ie/fertiliserspreaders-for-sale/fertilser-spreader/21213899

NzU2YzlmYmU5M2Q0YmQ5OTQ3MDlhZmU4MDVkMDgwOWEbyLNUIo5bsQ5SP7v-B6vGaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTk2ODMyMDB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

For a lot of grassland farmers that spreader would last a long time and be a good fast way of spreading .
If it did a few seasons it was for nothing really.
A fertiliser spreader is unlikely to give serious trouble and if it does it's not the end of the world to be without it for a few days.
It's one machine id be more likely to wear /rust out than change

For a lot of grassland farmers that spreader would last a long time and be a good fast way of spreading .
If it did a few seasons it was for nothing really.
A fertiliser spreader is unlikely to give serious trouble and if it does it's not the end of the world to be without it for a few days.
It's one machine id be more likely to wear /rust out than change

Only issue is that a lot of grassland farmers won't have a tractor capable of carrying a 2 ton spreader

What would be the problem with that? Chassis held at points that it’s not supposed to be leading to cracks?
Just soomed in better and now see that the lower links are in place.
Te bottom bar on a tub is only for holding the gearbox and parking on.
Having the spreader sat on its bottom could cause it to twist out of shape.

The new crane arrived before the new spreader and there’s fertilizer to be spread in the morning

The last lifter struggled with 600kg, this will lift two bags.

I don’t suppose there’s any issue lifting two bags at a time? I’m thinking of putting strain on chassis or weigh cells?.

The cells should only take weight from the hopper I guess and this puts no strain on hopper.

690E7984-4CBD-45BD-A906-F0D531229281.jpeg 7AEA457B-C385-4564-91CC-F737CA19BBDF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back