Hypertherm powermax 45

very jealous skimmer, well wear.

I've aspirations to owning a CUT40 or similar at some point in the future, but a hypertherm is the biz.

lookin good skimmer.

no steel will be safe now....:lol:

Steel is not safe now anyway for definite :D

Are you wishing for a few wet days now Skimmer :yes:

Cheers lads, extremely impressed so far. Even the videos on the hypertherm website do not do it justice, the speed of cut on 12mm plate is incredible, and 20mm aint too shabby either:thumbup:
Serious gouging power too, could gouge a large track through 12mm plate no bother. You are right though, ended up with a lot of off cuts by the end of today:D

We have had a hypertherm 65 for 3 year and would not be with out it you will end up using it for all sorts of things. I find it good for cutting bearings off as its that fast you do not get things as hot as the gas.

We have had a hypertherm 65 for 3 year and would not be with out it you will end up using it for all sorts of things. I find it good for cutting bearings off as its that fast you do not get things as hot as the gas.

Sounds good to me!!!
Could you cut say M12-14 nuts off with it( dont care about bolt) or would it weld the nut to the bolt?

Yep it will cut them off well. When we are take worn out bits off the plough we just cut a cross on the nut/bolt and hit it with a hammer and they just drop off. You just have to work out where to set it so you don't cut the frog.

Yep it will cut them off well. When we are take worn out bits off the plough we just cut a cross on the nut/bolt and hit it with a hammer and they just drop off. You just have to work out where to set it so you don't cut the frog.

That sounds brilliant!:thumbup:
I really need a bit of practice with it, it cuts so fast that I dont have time to think about what is actually going on:D

You just have to play with it till and you will start to know where to set it. Also have you got a filter on your air line the don't like mucky air.

You just have to play with it till and you will start to know where to set it. Also have you got a filter on your air line the don't like mucky air.

I sure do, a filter and water trap, as well as an air line that will only be used by the plasma cutter or when paint spraying, so there is no oil in the air line:thumbup:

Just like us then. We just have to hide that air line from dad:lol:

I know what ya mean, I put yellow cable ties on each end of that hose and told everyone STRICTLY not to use that hose for anything else. Probably won't make a blind bit of difference though:D

Sounds good to me!!!
Could you cut say M12-14 nuts off with it( dont care about bolt) or would it weld the nut to the bolt?
your bound to be.
i can nip off one with the gas and still run a new nut up it with ease.

neways, im jealous already...:lol:

I sure do, a filter and water trap, as well as an air line that will only be used by the plasma cutter or when paint spraying, so there is no oil in the air line:thumbup:

Do you need a high flow pcl xf coupling for the plasma cutter or just a normal pcl coupler?

your bound to be.
i can nip off one with the gas and still run a new nut up it with ease.

neways, im jealous already...:lol:

Gas is great for preserving the bolt alright, when Joe Carroll from engineering machinery ( the crowd I bought it off) was demonstrating the machine, he put 3 10mm plates on top of each other and sliced through them with the plasma. With no pre-heat required, it just cuts through all layers, so any bolt will be destroyed if I use the hypertherm:001_smile:

Gas is great for preserving the bolt alright, when Joe Carroll from engineering machinery ( the crowd I bought it off) was demonstrating the machine, he put 3 10mm plates on top of each other and sliced through them with the plasma. With no pre-heat required, it just cuts through all layers, so any bolt will be destroyed if I use the hypertherm:001_smile:

If you set it low you can just cut the nut but it can take one or two to set it right.

If you set it low you can just cut the nut but it can take one or two to set it right.

I never tried turning back the current, I'll have to give it a go today:thumbup:
Making light brackets for my brother, so it will come in handy for cutting out the wall plates:001_smile:

What does the Circle cutting look like it sounds like it could be use full?

I'll get a pic of it tomorrow, but it comes with 2 sets of tips for centering and a round magnet for secure clamping to steel. It also comes with 2 wheels that you can use to support the torch, or to angle the torch for bevelling by staggering the height of the wheels. They can also be used in a straight line for drag cutting.

I had to patch up this exhaust box off of one of the diggers in the quarry today, it is fairly well shot, but I just did enough to keep it going til the new exhaust arrives in about 2 weeks time. The baffle had come loose inside, and wore a gash through the end plate, so I nipped it out and cut out a new plate using the circle cutting kit for the plasma. A blanking plate had come away on the other side of the box, as well as a few cracks here and there.

Attachments

• IMG_2596.jpg
    IMG_2596.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2597.jpg
    IMG_2597.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2599.jpg
    IMG_2599.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2600.jpg
    IMG_2600.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2602.jpg
    IMG_2602.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2603.jpg
    IMG_2603.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2604.jpg
    IMG_2604.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2605.jpg
    IMG_2605.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 103
This was the lightest exhaust I have ever seen, easily lifted with one had. Tis a little bit of a rough job, but no point in going over board as it will only be on her for another two weeks. Plasma came in very handy for this job, I even fish-mouthed the pipe with it.
I hope you can see how the circle cutting kit works, there are more parts to the kit for various other jobs, but thats the main part of it:thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_2606.jpg
    IMG_2606.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2609.jpg
    IMG_2609.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2610.jpg
    IMG_2610.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2612.jpg
    IMG_2612.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2614.jpg
    IMG_2614.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2615.jpg
    IMG_2615.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 106
This was the lightest exhaust I have ever seen, easily lifted with one had. Tis a little bit of a rough job, but no point in going over board as it will only be on her for another two weeks. Plasma came in very handy for this job, I even fish-mouthed the pipe with it.
I hope you can see how the circle cutting kit works, there are more parts to the kit for various other jobs, but thats the main part of it:thumbup:

You call that rough . :eek: :whistle:

The circle cutter looks good I looked on my tool dealers web site this morning. The want £135 for one does that sound about the Shame as yours? It may have be a littie bit till I get one. Spent a lot a much on tools at lamma this mouth.

The circle cutter looks good I looked on my tool dealers web site this morning. The want £135 for one does that sound about the Shame as yours? It may have be a littie bit till I get one. Spent a lot a much on tools at lamma this mouth.

I'd say it was around that alright, it was part of the deal when I bought her and I think it was somewhere in the region of €150. To be honest, you could probably make something similar for a lot less, do a google on circle cutting kits for plasma torches and you will see what other lads have made.
The good thing about this one is that as well as having a magnet like most other spurious ones, it also has a centre pin so that you know where the centre of your disc is once you have it cut out.

Back