Lidl / Aldi Offers

the aldi/lidl stuff is good value for money ,good enough to do the job but cheap enough that you dont need to worry where you leave it .
I buy some tools from there to leave lying around for anyone to use :thumbup1:

Well I certainly thought the pipe cutters are worth a shot at €5, had been meaning to get one at some stage. It will hopefully come in handy this winter.

at a fiver you can just leave them lying with the roll of pipe but at 25 you always lock them away ,or at least I do here

at a fiver you can just leave them lying with the roll of pipe but at 25 you always lock them away ,or at least I do here

I'd be inclined the same way, it will get chucked in the box with the rest of the water fitting tools anyway :thumbup1:

Got a chance to try out the pipe cutters today, not a bad job at all for the money.

IMG_1842Small.jpg

IMG_1843Small.jpg

For the money you can't lose really, if you need a tool like that pop down to your local lidl before they run out.
fcuk me they must of been cheap when they left the factory.

youd have to wonder how they make, ship and sell at a profit, given that the manafacturer , the shipper and the seller turned a pound along the way.

buttons for that money, and id say as long as ya only cut what your supposed to they would last plenty long.
i have a rothenberger pair here, iirc they were round the €60 odd mark.

i have a 4" pipe cutter here, it was over €500.

fcuk me they must of been cheap when they left the factory.

youd have to wonder how they make, ship and sell at a profit, given that the manafacturer , the shipper and the seller turned a pound along the way.

buttons for that money, and id say as long as ya only cut what your supposed to they would last plenty long.
i have a rothenberger pair here, iirc they were round the €60 odd mark.

i have a 4" pipe cutter here, it was over €500.

That's what I was thinking, we'll see how it fairs anyway, build wise it's ok, wouldn't be up to the spec of the rothenberger but neither is the price.

This one will cut up to 42mm or so it says, I haven't measured it, so same as the rothenberger I was looking at a good while back.

That's what I was thinking, we'll see how it fairs anyway, build wise it's ok, wouldn't be up to the spec of the rothenberger but neither is the price.

This one will cut up to 42mm or so it says, I haven't measured it, so same as the rothenberger I was looking at a good while back.
here, for the money...
and as defender says, if you leave them behind you no harm done.

here, for the money...
and as defender says, if you leave them behind you no harm done.

Agreed.

The odd time lidl/aldi come up with some good deals, not all of their stuff would be good but you can pick and mix.

i meant to call into our local one thursday for a set of o-rings

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week03Thursday12.htm?WT.z_src=main

there isnt much value in their gloves.
for the money on the rings you couldnt go wrong, a lot of useless sizes but some wild handy ones too.

Thanks for the heads up, not till next thursday, might do for my spool valves.
naw, unfortunately not.
the kontac ones are a real fine o ring.
andy duncan ( ae duncans ) in oma would have them on the shelf if you were in a wild panic.

there isnt much value in their gloves.
for the money on the rings you couldnt go wrong, a lot of useless sizes but some wild handy ones too.

naw, unfortunately not.
the kontac ones are a real fine o ring.
andy duncan ( ae duncans ) in oma would have them on the shelf if you were in a wild panic.

The gloves can be got €1 a pair in other shops.

Any idea on price? I'll do a bit of ringing around during the week to a few places.

Im presently wearing lidl ski socks, nice for cold weather and stay up on sweaty wellies, but I'm thinking of giving the thermal t shirt and work socks ago? Anyone else using any of their workwear?

Back