Liquid fert

The soil engaging type. I know nozzles have a big influence but just in general what is that type like as it could be made if it paid.

Sorry never noticed this until now. You can get fairly severe scorch if you apply high rates late in winter crops in particular. Ideally you don't want the fertiliser coming into contact with leaves at all, hence the stream bars instead of conventional nozzles.

A bit of an experiment. Half the field, including a round of the headland, got 60 units of N in the form of 15-2-6 liquid fertiliser last Saturday. The other half got 60 units of N in the form of Cut Sward on Monday or Tuesday. I'll be baling the silage off it when the time comes, we'll count the bales off each half to compare and contrast the results.

20150628_121835.jpg

20150628_121900.jpg

20150628_121948.jpg

I was walking some the ground that you spread for the uncle this morning and there is some cover on it considering how dry and slow grass growth has been .

I was walking some the ground that you spread for the uncle this morning and there is some cover on it considering how dry and slow grass growth has been .
If its the same fields im thinkin of,, Maybe it was the aerating that has such a good cover on it[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If its the same fields im thinkin of,, Maybe it was the aerating that has such a good cover on it[emoji12]

I may look for commission from you , not the same fields but the ones you were in look well also .

I may look for commission from you , not the same fields but the ones you were in look well also .
Yea he was sayin the other day he was very impressed with the liquid fertilizer alright. I'll send ya a nice bottle of pinot grigio for Christmas [emoji44] [emoji319] [emoji485]

Which bit of ground was that, most of it was bare enough when I was spreading it

Clover is a relatively drought tolerant crop as it originates from the Mediterranean region I seem to remember hearing, so the drier weather shouldn't have as much an affect on it.
I see it came back very well in after grass where grass regrowth was almost non existent. The cows are strip grazing it at the minute, in the parlour it's like hair triggers though, a cough and you could be having a hot brown shower!

A bit of an experiment. Half the field, including a round of the headland, got 60 units of N in the form of 15-2-6 liquid fertiliser last Saturday. The other half got 60 units of N in the form of Cut Sward on Monday or Tuesday. I'll be baling the silage off it when the time comes, we'll count the bales off each half to compare and contrast the results.

View attachment 30276

View attachment 30277

View attachment 30278

Baled this field today, the half that got liquid fertiliser yielded 10.5 bales/ac and the half that got Cut Sward yielded 9.5 bales/ac. As an aside, the swarths in the liquid half were more even but that would have as much to do with the application as the chemistry. The price per acre for the fertiliser was pretty much the same.

Is there liquid application tanks available for hire or more so trial?

Not really. That outfit belongs to the man who's making the fertiliser. Between the pipes to the coulters and the rate controller there's a nice bit of rigging up to get a tractor and machine ready. He has the stitcher, one-pass and maize drill rigged up for it.

What brew are you using, and where on drill are you placing the fert, is it behind the foot?

That's a 10-7-0 start fertiliser going out at about 325kg/ha. Fertiliser is going down the back of the coulter.

Reactions: KJL
Not really. That outfit belongs to the man who's making the fertiliser. Between the pipes to the coulters and the rate controller there's a nice bit of rigging up to get a tractor and machine ready. He has the stitcher, one-pass and maize drill rigged up for it.

That's a 10-7-0 start fertiliser going out at about 325kg/ha. Fertiliser is going down the back of the coulter.
Any pics of the maize drilled with the liquid vs the control strips ?

Anyone ever hear of grass seed been burned by placing fert with the seed been asked to do it but said I'd ask before I make the mistake?prob a 10-10-20 @150kg/ac

Anyone ever hear of grass seed been burned by placing fert with the seed been asked to do it but said I'd ask before I make the mistake?prob a 10-10-20 @150kg/ac

should be grand, unless the chloride would make any difference, sure your not drilling it side by side?

@Tippcon how many either kilos or units of N do you usually apply on your intensive farmers land, is it like the granular of going every 28 days or can you put on a larger hit of liquid and not return for say 50 days.

@Tippcon how many either kilos or units of N do you usually apply on your intensive farmers land, is it like the granular of going every 28 days or can you put on a larger hit of liquid and not return for say 50 days.

As a rule of thumb they would be blanket spreading grazing ground with 35-40 units N/ac every 5-6 weeks. What kind of fertiliser are you using, and how are you applying it?

As a rule of thumb they would be blanket spreading grazing ground with 35-40 units N/ac every 5-6 weeks. What kind of fertiliser are you using, and how are you applying it?
im still on solid and applying 50units of N ever 42 days but hoping to this year go to more like 25 units every 28 days, as I probably would grow the same amount of grass. Im only at the trial stage of using a little bit of liquid, I have used 20n liquid in the past from the wexford supplier.

a question I can nearly answer myself, but could you apply with animals in the field, I assume not

im still on solid and applying 50units of N ever 42 days but hoping to this year go to more like 25 units every 28 days, as I probably would grow the same amount of grass. Im only at the trial stage of using a little bit of liquid, I have used 20n liquid in the past from the wexford supplier.

a question I can nearly answer myself, but could you apply with animals in the field, I assume not

You said in another thread you were using liquid in the last month, I was just curious. What does the 20N consist of, it wouldn't be a standard mix? And how are you applying it? Theoretically you could apply all your N requirements for the year in one application of liquid but from a grass management point of view it's not always practical. Livestock need to be left off the field for 48 hours after application.

You said in another thread you were using liquid in the last month, I was just curious. What does the 20N consist of, it wouldn't be a standard mix? And how are you applying it? Theoretically you could apply all your N requirements for the year in one application of liquid but from a grass management point of view it's not always practical. Livestock need to be left off the field for 48 hours after application.

just one field experiment, I just wouldnt have the equipment to go much more at present. Just using ordinary sprayer and nozzles. sorry was the foliar feed N18 I have used in the past.

When you say that from a grass management view applying in it all in one go isnt practical, why not? I taught the plant only took it up as it need it anyway?

Back