Massey 16 pin diagnostic port

towbar

Anyone have a pinout for the Massey Round 16pin plug port in the cab. Our 6270 only has 6 pins filled in the plug. I am looking for the can bus signals.

Just for completeness

1 12 vac
2 Ground
5 Analog Signal Input
6. Ground
7. Counter Input
8. Towed Implement working position
9. Engine/Radar programmable frequency output
10. PTO/forward speed programmable frequency output
11. +9.5v analog sensor supply
14. CAN High
15. CAN Ground
16. CAN Low

Note happy to hear from anyone with interest in getting these CAN codes.
My aim is to detect the linkage and PTO working mode to control GPS coverage automatically.

I have it reading the bus next job is understanding the 1's and 0's!

The Can Bus is like that on cars and is used to send the information from autotronic to dashboard to linkage unit and to datatronic.

Its just a series of devices all sending status messages to each other. For example on 62 series when diff engaged and you raise the lift it disengages the diff. The linkage computer sends a message to autotronic via the can bus to say linkage is lifted.

On the older models it was done with hard wire in the raise/lower switch.

So I connected up a standard car OBD diagnostic tool and could see all the messages flying about, by comparing the data in excel I have figured out that the electronic linkage sends a continuous stream of codes that varies depending what way the armrest switch is set.

My next step is to build something that will just listen for the code I want and set a relay to open close alongside the switch to control the GPS - also want to use it to set the tramline counter for the accord rather than using the markers. I haven't found the PTO code yet and it would be interesting to try and diagnose all the codes as later on if you had a fault it would make it easier found.

Unfortunately I don't think I can send a code to get it to raise or lower the lift or turn on/off PTO as then I could make a simple headland mgt system!!!

You think I had nothing better to do!!

If your ya want a hand on anything drop me a pm I've played with this in college I find it interesting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I used to do programming - now more management so this stuff keeps the brain ticking

I'm very interested in this towbar.I do a bit of diagnostics on cars and vans,but the cables are all designed to run with a program,just say like the vag com or vcds as it known.
As Aidank says,what cable are you working to go between the tractor and the laptop,and what program.?
FairPlay,I wouldn't have the computer skills or knowledge to attempt that,but I would like to learn more.

I am using a standard elm327 bluetooth dongle like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V1-5-ELM3...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item53fc787f0b

Bluetooth is ideal as it allows a high baud rate and means there is no physical connection between computer and tractor.

Connect directly to the Bluetooth serial port and can control the device directly. It uses AT commands plenty of data sheets online. I use a free terminal emulator program called real-term.

I just connected the can pins on the dongle to the tractors canbus and it worked.

Good article here
http://theksmith.com/technology/hack...p-easy-part-1/

My GPS is a Trimble EZ-500 bought from a member here.

Got it working - box plugs in to diagnostic port when hydraulics is dropped puts GPS in
work mode and when lifted disables work mode, also added a second relay that pulses when the hydraulics is lifted so can be used for tramlining.

For anybody testing this on a Massey 6200 you are looking for data from can bus node id 333 and data 0x 00 08

x = 2 is work mode
x = 3 is neutral
x= 4 is lift

The message keeps repeating at least on non datatronic model anyway - on datatronic it may be different as the datatronic unit may acknowledge the message and so it may only be sent once.

The bits I used

http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/arduino/arduino-shields/can-bus-shield
http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/arduino/arduino-boards/arduino-uno-r3

I also used an LCD display but it is not really needed

2 x 5v relays and 2n2222 transistors.

16 pin diagnostic connector from Farnell
http://ie.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=589603&CMP=i-bf9f-00001000

pins for same
http://ie.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=4219065&CMP=i-bf9f-00001000

cable holder
http://ie.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=593308&CMP=i-bf9f-00001000

I put in a box and a few other connectors as well will post photo but not much to see,

Happy to help if anyone has questions or wants to build this can provide the software for above setup.

Proud runner up in the maplin bringyourbuild day last Saturday. There was Ă‚ÂŁ500 for the taking but I decided against taking tractor and sower into town on Saturday just in case the rain stopped. Thanks Maplin.

Attachments

• canbus.jpg
    canbus.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 572
  • P1030435.jpg
    P1030435.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 496
  • maplin.jpg
    maplin.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 350
Fair dues to you towbar, that stuff is beyond the scope of my grey matter, too long since I left school, come to think of it the basic calculator had just been made by Sinclair iirc.

Just seen this thread too towbar. Out of curiosity,is any of your electrickery any use for diagnostics checking on the transmission? My 6270 has the diagnostic warning light flashing when the shuttle is engaged and the only thing not working is speedmatching. Tried calibrating the gearbox a few times as the clutch is sharp on take off,but can't complete the calibration procedure and wonder if the flashing light is linked to the problem. Probably handier to go to someone with the Wintest software but wondering if any of your experimenting lets you find faults?

naw I wish - I have a workshop manual though if that can help - do you know how to read the code with the flashing lights - doesn't seem to describe it in the section on autotronic but it does list the faults

actually the diagnostic light doesn't tell you which fault just which class of fault and if the buzzer is not sounding must be a class 3 fault slow flash on diag light and the only class ii fault I can see that might allow everything to work except speed matching is Gearbox Input Speed sensor fault

Meant to say well done on what you have done towbar.:thumbup:

Have a cd manual but it wouldn't be overly helpful.It would be a slow flash and no buzzer.Have just tested the resistance in the power shuttle sensor and got no reading on it so perhaps that's the problem.
Have to say that was an advantage of the old 40 series Ford that I used to have in that if there was a fault,at least the codes were displayed on the dash and the book told what they meant! A step back the way with the MF!!

Just seen this thread too towbar. Out of curiosity,is any of your electrickery any use for diagnostics checking on the transmission? My 6270 has the diagnostic warning light flashing when the shuttle is engaged and the only thing not working is speedmatching. Tried calibrating the gearbox a few times as the clutch is sharp on take off,but can't complete the calibration procedure and wonder if the flashing light is linked to the problem. Probably handier to go to someone with the Wintest software but wondering if any of your experimenting lets you find faults?

Our 6280 started playing up today with the autodrive and speedmatching, was driving along in top gear then she started changing down herself and wouldn't change up in either power or eco mode and stopped speedmatching and wont display forward speed on the datatronic display yet its showing on the dash. Went back to her after a while and all working ok then after ten mins she started doing it again:confused: Just out of curiosity how do you calibrate the gearbox she is a bit sharp on take off as well?

Autodrive is the switch on the armrest in front of the lift switch that gives auto changing of the dynashift (a b c d) there are 2 rpm settings on the switch

Back