New cubicle shed and parlour

Thanks for that.

Ours is only 20mm foam. Our Wilson agent told us not to go for the 40mm because over time, the foam squeezes down and then the yellow cover becomes loose/slack and can become awkward when trying to remove dung of the stand ends which I have seen happen in another shed of ours using another mattress which I see you used in a shed also.

What I notice with ours not being fastened at the bottom but tucked under, and with the mattress/foam being squeezed over the past year, the yellow cover has moved down at the end of the stand and this has made the cover to remain flat and tight. If we had fastened it at the bottom, we would have a slack and rippled cover. That's our findings anyhow.
[MENTION=2480]slurryboy[/MENTION]
That's fine with the teemore matress because it's hard as a rock compared to the Wilson mattress so because it is a very hard mattress, it will never loose it's shape so movement at the bottom isn't required.

Also, within 10minutes we can whip up the cover and lay another row of foam if the current one becomes flat as a pancake.

I had actually wondered about it settling down and letting the top cover go slack, time will tell I suppose

What height are the panel`s rising the ground your filling in . Reason i`m asking is with the panel`s is it the pillars that are taking all the pressure .

The top of the panels are 3.6m above the existing ground level, yeah its the posts taking all the pressure

What size are the pillar`s . Is it panel`s and pillars ye use for the silage pit`s .

I'll tell you the exact size tomorrow, theyre a reasonable size though, the panels are 180mm thick to give you an idea.

No we use precast L panels for silage pits, im sure theres some pics in here somewhere

I'll tell you the exact size tomorrow, theyre a reasonable size though, the panels are 180mm thick to give you an idea.

No we use precast L panels for silage pits, im sure theres some pics in here somewhere

Now that you mention it i remember seeing pics from you of the L panel`s . Reason i ask is seen a silage slab on the national farming paper here that has panel`s for the walls and the cost quoted for it didn`t seem dear .

Now that you mention it i remember seeing pics from you of the L panel`s . Reason i ask is seen a silage slab on the national farming paper here that has panel`s for the walls and the cost quoted for it didn`t seem dear .

Ive saw a few done like that, seem to work ok, dont do what one farm locally did, for some reason they kept the steel 6" higher than the panels, a couple of tractor tyres later they gas axed them off level witht he panels

i have a list here from alfabloc and height of wall in relation to length of span for 150 mm thick for silage walls
3m span 6.0m high
4m span 4.5m high
5m span 2.5m high
6m span 2.0m high
they are the recommended maximum heights for silage for the spans
all panels come 1200mm high and 150mm thick and any length up to 6m
cost is 45 euro/m length
for different materials stored there are different heights for the span

i have a list here from alfabloc and height of wall in relation to length of span for 150 mm thick for silage walls
3m span 6.0m high
4m span 4.5m high
5m span 2.5m high
6m span 2.0m high
they are the recommended maximum heights for silage for the spans
all panels come 1200mm high and 150mm thick and any length up to 6m
cost is 45 euro/m length
for different materials stored there are different heights for the span

Do you know what size pillar they say to use to secure the panel`s .

Do you know what size pillar they say to use to secure the panel`s .

Not just size of pillar but how far into the ground it has to go, if those pits were leaking any bit of effluent into the pillar footings and full of wet silage would they last.

Couldn't believe the pillars in the article weren't dipped. Unless they were done under the primer, but I'd doubt that

Fraser what sort of ridge is on the shed and how much of an overhang on the roof?

Thanks

Fraser what sort of ridge is on the shed and how much of an overhang on the roof?

Thanks

There isnt a ridge as such just a gap in the roof sheets, we've had various fancy ridges on sheds in the past but the last one was the straw shed being converted so we just took the ridge cover off to see how we got on, 3 years later its working fine so just done the same this time.

There isnt a ridge as such just a gap in the roof sheets, we've had various fancy ridges on sheds in the past but the last one was the straw shed being converted so we just took the ridge cover off to see how we got on, 3 years later its working fine so just done the same this time.

how wide a gap where the ridge was. i have 18 inches but could go more. birds entering being the main problem

Back