New tractor

A video of the silage.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBvRMer4gnA"]silage 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Looks a good crop of grass there, More grass over your side of the country then with us at home.

Yeah, I would say we were about 10% down from normal which isnt to bad considering the weather. There looked a reasonable amount next door to us as well,

Slurry going on

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCGOO4aYJ3w"]Silage 2013 - The Aftermath - YouTube[/ame]

Nice video. What size is the NC tanker? I know a few folk with 3000 & 3500 versions of the NC and they think very highly of them.

Nice video. What size is the NC tanker? I know a few folk with 3000 & 3500 versions of the NC and they think very highly of them.

It's a 3000 gallon, this is our second one, the first one we had for 6 years and it was no bother, this one is coming on for 2 year old and has been equally good so far. They do a lot of work as well.

How`s the tractor going lad was talking to a the lad driving one locally the other evening has the same mower up front but went with a mounted mower with sawrther at the back . If he start`s mowing at 9 he will need diesel again by 4 in the evening . They got the extra diesel tank removed from the tractor as it was considered too close to the wheel when ploughing if a stone came up could hit the tank . He`s not overly impressed with the front light`s said he`d have to put light`s on the mower if a lot of night mowing was to be done .

How`s the tractor going lad was talking to a the lad driving one locally the other evening has the same mower up front but went with a mounted mower with sawrther at the back . If he start`s mowing at 9 he will need diesel again by 4 in the evening . They got the extra diesel tank removed from the tractor as it was considered too close to the wheel when ploughing if a stone came up could hit the tank . He`s not overly impressed with the front light`s said he`d have to put light`s on the mower if a lot of night mowing was to be done .

How many hours on that one, mine seems to have gotten better recently, it needs to be a big day for me to need fuel, biggest day was 150 acre on a tankful and I don't have the extra tank either. Does he have the high level headlights, the mower does completely block the standard ones right enough.

How many hours on that one, mine seems to have gotten better recently, it needs to be a big day for me to need fuel, biggest day was 150 acre on a tankful and I don't have the extra tank either. Does he have the high level headlights, the mower does completely block the standard ones right enough.

Irish crop don't forget

What model rear mounted. i thought Deere didnt have such a thing or is it an after market swarther. Those chains on the front are for a guideline only. wouldnt leave the mower sit with dead weight on em. be broken in no time

Here`s a link to the mower in action [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orQ5hvqi7gM"]Keltec Engineering Auto Swather - YouTube[/ame]

A spot of second cut.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlYx20FgxTU"]Second cut - YouTube[/ame]

Did ye ever run yer own harvester .

Up until 2001 the grass was chopped with a trailed chopper shared with another farmer but it got to big a job for the trailed machine and we started whole crop as well, so a move to the contractor was made. We could probably justify our own machine as this year we're chopping 1200 acre of grass over 3 cuts and the 310 acre of wholecrop, but its a big cost to have for a few days a year, mind so is the combine.

Up until 2001 the grass was chopped with a trailed chopper shared with another farmer but it got to big a job for the trailed machine and we started whole crop as well, so a move to the contractor was made. We could probably justify our own machine as this year we're chopping 1200 acre of grass over 3 cuts and the 310 acre of wholecrop, but its a big cost to have for a few days a year, mind so is the combine.

That`some acerage. :ohmy: Does the contractor just supply the harvester and ye supply the tractor`s and trailer`s

Nice bit of work for him to be guaranted each year i`d say ye would get a bit of preference when ye ring him :whistle:
or what, i could just work for them alone. :lol:

out of interest fraserb, dose the boss know your taking the videos, i assume he dose, and is happy enough for others to see them.
as well as not minding you taking a few mins now and again to record stuff.
you have some great vids and pics on here over the time, nice to see a place like that.
mind boggling tbh.

or what, i could just work for them alone. :lol:

out of interest fraserb, dose the boss know your taking the videos, i assume he dose, and is happy enough for others to see them.
as well as not minding you taking a few mins now and again to record stuff.
you have some great vids and pics on here over the time, nice to see a place like that.
mind boggling tbh.
Yeah the boss knows, try not to let it slow us down though so just stick the camera somewhere if we're stopped anyway and see what it records, at silage time I was just moving it about if I had a few minutes between loads. Some of the other lads use the camera as well, so when I was mowing at the weekend one of the lads that was off nipped out to film the mowers.

We seem to have a fair few visitors to the farm over the year as well, some large groups and others that have heard about it from friends or that. I ended up making a crate of cider out of the parlour thread as someone saw it and contacted the company that built ours and got them to do a job for them so the parlour guys dropped off some cider as a thank you.

Nice bit of work for him to be guaranted each year i`d say ye would get a bit of preference when ye ring him :whistle:

I'm fairly sure there will be a bit of preference right enough, mind it's only really 2nd cut and wholecrop where there could be an issue as we are usually the first to go at 1st cut and not many do a 3rd cut so there's no issues there.

Back