Price of parts

I’ll guess somewhere around the €150

Had to bring our tanaka split shaft strimmer to the repair guy today, splines have worn out on the shaft and in the clutch... turns out tanaka packed up for good about 3 weeks ago, had been heading that way the last few years but now finally gone. He thinks he should have no problem sourcing the bits though but makes you wonder what it’ll be like in a few years:undecided::undecided:
Pity, their stuff was good

Got a new one of these today from UK ..£280 plus vat, same part is €500 plus vat here..
index.php

Pity, their stuff was good
Yeah no complaints with the one here anyway, we’ve the hedge cutter, ordinary head and the chainsaw for it and it’s the first time it’s ever needed anything other than petrol. He did say that he thought their hedge trimmers for the last few years had gone soft though and he’d stopped selling them for that reason.. were not sure it’s marked 2002 but dad didn’t think we had it that long. I know I got the chainsaw head 5/6 years ago but we had it a while then

I’ll guess somewhere around the €150

Had to bring our tanaka split shaft strimmer to the repair guy today, splines have worn out on the shaft and in the clutch... turns out tanaka packed up for good about 3 weeks ago, had been heading that way the last few years but now finally gone. He thinks he should have no problem sourcing the bits though but makes you wonder what it’ll be like in a few years:undecided::undecided:
Really?
That's a shame, their stuff was good, a Tanaka strimmer and hedge trimmer here with years, I always fancied one of their chainsaws

Yeah no complaints with the one here anyway, we’ve the hedge cutter, ordinary head and the chainsaw for it and it’s the first time it’s ever needed anything other than petrol. He did say that he thought their hedge trimmers for the last few years had gone soft though and he’d stopped selling them for that reason.. were not sure it’s marked 2002 but dad didn’t think we had it that long. I know I got the chainsaw head 5/6 years ago but we had it a while then
The hedgetrimmer here is 1998 iirc, and never gave any real bother, strimmer, I only bought about 4 years ago, but no complaints yet, good power in it.

Really?
That's a shame, their stuff was good, a Tanaka strimmer and hedge trimmer here with years, I always fancied one of their chainsaws
Apparently so and as I say the guy I was talking to has been selling them a good few years and would have a good few sold, he Said he’d actually bought up a few hedge trimmer heads to suit the split shafts to have as he has a good few customers with them
The hedgetrimmer here is 1998 iirc, and never gave any real bother, strimmer, I only bought about 4 years ago, but no complaints yet, good power in it.

yeah I could never really fault ours tbh, it’s only the 2501 so not the biggest, I use a stihl km111r a bit and work has just got a km131r and I have to admit they are in a different league for power but have the weight to match, and I’m not sure how long you’d last at a hedge with them compared to our tanaka

I thought it dear at €55 and that was at a 15% discount of the proper price.
I was kind of guessing off jf’s price! Did you only have to buy the one blade or the pair? Thought most came as a pair but looking at your pic again you’ve only the one?

I was kind of guessing off jf’s price! Did you only have to buy the one blade or the pair? Thought most came as a pair but looking at your pic again you’ve only the one?

Only the one because of the broken tooth in the old one. If it had been a pair I wouldn't have thought the price too bad.

Only the one because of the broken tooth in the old one. If it had been a pair I wouldn't have thought the price too bad.

It was a pair of Tanaka blades. I am not 100 % sure of the €170 , but its the figure that springs to mind . Even the bolts holding the 2 blades together had to be got but are included in this price.

I thought it dear at €55 and that was at a 15% discount of the proper price.
I mig welded a tooth back onto our Efco trimmer and possibly a second one too. Have it around 15 years, great little useful trimmer with the rotating handle. Cost €330 new.

I had a Tanaka, lent it to a man and whatever he did to it could never get it to run right after, I suspect he put raw petrol in it.. anyhow bought an electric Husqvarna after, apart form minding the power cable its a far nicer machine, half the weight, a lot less noise and no vibration or numb arms.

I mig welded a tooth back onto our Efco trimmer and possibly a second one too. Have it around 15 years, great little useful trimmer with the rotating handle. Cost €330 new.

I might have chanced a weld if I had the tooth. It's a good machine but it is damned heavy especially when reaching across a hedge.

I had a Tanaka, lent it to a man and whatever he did to it could never get it to run right after, I suspect he put raw petrol in it.. anyhow bought an electric Husqvarna after, apart form minding the power cable its a far nicer machine, half the weight, a lot less noise and no vibration or numb arms.
Sounds good, but messing around with extension leads would put me off

Unless it's a flail you should be using then the electric trimmer is a massively superior tool.

A fraction of the weight, noise an vibration means you'll cut far more in a day than a petrol machine.

Rechargeable ones are dropping in price all the time, if you had a lot of hedging like to keep a tidy bush then they'd be a great job

Unless it's a flail you should be using then the electric trimmer is a massively superior tool.

A fraction of the weight, noise an vibration means you'll cut far more in a day than a petrol machine.

Rechargeable ones are dropping in price all the time, if you had a lot of hedging like to keep a tidy bush then they'd be a great job
Will you really cut more in a day though with a battery? If a petrol runs out you top it up and go again, a battery runs out you either need a second or are waiting on it to charge.

we had(well have) a Bosch electric one, with the length of time you’d spend unrolling the reel you’d have half the hedge cut with the petrol then you’ve to try dig the reel back up out of all the clippings before you can start to gather them up.

If going battery yeah you're probably gonna need two batteries alright.

Don't understand the problem with running out a flex, takes a few minutes at each end of the job, I'd rather it to using a petrol one any day.

Have a battery powered Stihl trimmer here which is a fantastic bit of kit. Battery is in a belt mounted holder with a lead going to the trimmer. Have snagged the lead once but otherwise so far so good. You would cut a lot of hedge on one charge and if it does run out stick it back on charge while tidying up the trimmings and you should be good to go again.

Have a battery powered Stihl trimmer here which is a fantastic bit of kit. Battery is in a belt mounted holder with a lead going to the trimmer. Have snagged the lead once but otherwise so far so good. You would cut a lot of hedge on one charge and if it does run out stick it back on charge while tidying up the trimmings and you should be good to go again.

what model? Looking at them as an alternative to a two stroke one.

Back