Rabbits!

Rabbits foxes and crows are everywhere here.
You'd see the odd badger dead on the road.

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk

Ya alot of fox's around..:gun_bandana:so much so I've seen them out and about during the day and not cubs either but adults ones,as for the crows it's a joke now

Rabbits are scarce around here same as [MENTION=4579]jf 850[/MENTION] but crows and pigeons are at epidemic levels. I've a field of barley in a field in front of the house and at the end is a big ash tree and I swear ta jaysus it does be bending with pigeons at times.
Is it a big feild?
Sure if it's not you could aim from tbe bedroom window [emoji3]

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk

Rabbits are scarce around here same as [MENTION=4579]jf 850[/MENTION] but crows and pigeons are at epidemic levels. I've a field of barley in a field in front of the house and at the end is a big ash tree and I swear ta jaysus it does be bending with pigeons at times.

Shur thats the weight of them fat from feeding on good barley..:001_smile:

Havnt seen a rabbit here in Yunks/Years, usto be the place was alive with them. Manys a time went lamping on the tractor, a Super Dexta then an shot well over 100 and into the early hours or 4 or 5 of us on a pick up Land Rover, then a pensioner got them for the market Sawers in Belfast. even if I knew wouldn't like to say how many catridges was shot per rabbit.

Havnt seen a rabbit here in Yunks/Years, usto be the place was alive with them. Manys a time went lamping on the tractor, a Super Dexta then an shot well over 100 and into the early hours or 4 or 5 of us on a pick up Land Rover, then a pensioner got them for the market Sawers in Belfast. even if I knew wouldn't like to say how many catridges was shot per rabbit.

Would you like a few . There's a bloody epidemic of them in parts around here . Lad I do baling for has 450 shot since April . He bought a rifle this year just so he could shoot the duckers .
Anyone know if there's a market for rabbits he's currently just chucking them in the hedge .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to be a serious amount of rabbits around this year
We have less than ever, not sure why , I think the buzzards are taking a fair few, you'd often find the leftovers, my father saw one take a young rabbit the other day.

Most of the ones round here have mixxy,,,,
starting to think ours have developed a resistance?? Can it happen? Not seen one with mixy in a while and the population is booming.

We have a white wabbit in the field next to the hoise too. Always like seeing odd coloured ones.

starting to think ours have developed a resistance?? Can it happen? Not seen one with mixy in a while and the population is booming.

We have a white wabbit in the field next to the hoise too. Always like seeing odd coloured ones.
im sure they have round here
4 year ago mxy went through here and wiped a lot out but this year they are back more than ive seen in a long time

Rabbits are all but gone around here. In fact I haven't seen one in a long time now and one time the place was moving with them.

Live in a rabbit haven. Tried to control with poison and rifle. Killed everything on farm only to see them replenish numbers in months from neighbours. Slurry with a splash plate bought some time too. Went through few years of wild cats coming in with great effect (Really miss them ). Realised they were only hanging around to f my cat which since had a disagreement with a car.
Numbers were climbing again but just as i thought of the rifle, which i hate using, a few buzzards starting to visit here too.
Thinking how can i create a home for this ,new to us, natural enemy of the bunny wabbit :2guns:

They do to an extent, then the mixxy comes back takes about 3-5 year IMO, they seem to thrive here for a bit then they'll be dying like flies,

Reactions: AYF
Live in a rabbit haven. Tried to control with poison and rifle. Killed everything on farm only to see them replenish numbers in months from neighbours. Slurry with a splash plate bought some time too. Went through few years of wild cats coming in with great effect (Really miss them ). Realised they were only hanging around to f my cat which since had a disagreement with a car.
Numbers were climbing again but just as i thought of the rifle, which i hate using, a few buzzards starting to visit here too.
Thinking how can i create a home for this ,new to us, natural enemy of the bunny wabbit :2guns:

Do what I do and dump some grain or rat feed in a couple of remote areas near water and the Buzzards and Hawks will feed on the young not poisonous rats. If they take rats near a yard they will contain poison . One of the places I have the feed is very remote with open ground so if the rats want to move they have to cross open countryside with no cover.

Back