Ragweed

There's things similar to ragworth I've seen here only they have a white head.
Mostly see them early in the year.
Any one know them?

Bugger i had the name in my head then when i hit reply it left me, wild parsley (or is it parsnip, hmm)atleast thats what they'd be known as round here!

Dont think so but could be wrong on that, plenty of it on road ditches about here,

Don't know the right name for it dogs flourish is what its called round here Roundup struggles to kill it ,think were talking about the same weed

Bugger i had the name in my head then when i hit reply it left me, wild parsley (or is it parsnip, hmm)atleast thats what they'd be known as round here!

Don't know the right name for it dogs flourish is what its called round here Roundup struggles to kill it ,think were talking about the same weed

Called wild parsley round here too, terrible stuff that puts out a white flower and literally closes in small country roads, it's spreading at a fair rate but can be killed by spraying with grazon 90 if its done when it is very young, left to get near flowering and it just distorts a bit.

called wild parsley round here too, terrible stuff that puts out a white flower and literally closes in small country roads, it's spreading at a fair rate but can be killed by spraying with grazon 90 if its done when it is very young, left to get near flowering and it just distorts a bit.

thats it .Oh Christ a one liner:whistling:

Called wild parsley round here too, terrible stuff that puts out a white flower and literally closes in small country roads, it's spreading at a fair rate but can be killed by spraying with grazon 90 if its done when it is very young, left to get near flowering and it just distorts a bit.

All around [MENTION=3007]Tippcon[/MENTION]s country is overrun with it. Fierce stuff on narrow roads and as you say, it's spreading at an alarming rate. I cut silage this year where it was only in the ditches but now it's 4 and 5 yards out into the fields.

All around [MENTION=3007]Tippcon[/MENTION]s country is overrun with it. Fierce stuff on narrow roads and as you say, it's spreading at an alarming rate. I cut silage this year where it was only in the ditches but now it's 4 and 5 yards out into the fields.

You're not pulling hard enough :whistle:

Just a thought, FOREFRONT T might be a possibility if GRAZON 90 works btw. had cunning plan the other day tried .5l/ha propionic acid with MCPA on rushes time will tell.

Asulox for ferns , I was told it will be removed from the market again in September so if you want to use it get it bought ASAP

round up will also kill ferns but unlike a lot of plants that are best sprayed when small bracken is best sprayed when in full leaf when it is feeding reserves back to the roots
Now is the best time of year to spray ferns

I have a problem with ferns to around ditchs. Used grazon 90 and it killed all torns and docks and rushes but the ferns weren't harmed at all. What you using for ferns
I haven't sprayed them yet may do it the weekend.
A man told me that when there dying off they would reef the hand off you

Right lads, sorry for dragging up an old thread but I'm trying to get the place here ready for silage. Not due to be cut until early next month. I went out for a walk through the fields yesterday and there seems to be an awful amount of ragwort coming up around the place. The plants are still very small and haven't flowered yet but I'd say it wont be long until they do. Is it too late to go spraying them or will I have to try pulling it all. I had to pull a blast of it last year and there seems to be at least twice as much this year. Any help will be much appreciated.

Back