Reliving Childhood Toys!

i had a britains ford tw and an orange back actor on it when i was a cub.
it got the world of use, and iirc it eventually got broke, its not about now anyways.
so for nostalgia i watched e bay a few years ago until the same one came up again, its a slightly rarer model as it had two drivers on it.
a lot of patient waiting, and on one xmas eve a few years ago i managed to pip the last bidder to win the exact one.
a week on, and ...£120... quid later and i was the proud owner.
well sort of, its still in its box, it wont be cuming out, and is packed away with the couple of hundred other models thats in the toy store.
i just know its there is all.

the price sticker is still on it from back in the day.
£8.99 iirc.

before ye all start digging out yer old britains gear, it needs to be in the original box for it to be worth any decent money mind...wont be too many about like that id say...:lol:

Been collecting models for a while and a lot of them have been taken out of the box, what I should have done is buy 2 and leave one in the box unopened.

Been collecting models for a while and a lot of them have been taken out of the box, what I should have done is buy 2 and leave one in the box unopened.
that id turn out to be a dear hobby.

ive slowed up on them now, still buy an odd one from the one man, but thats about it.
mind you, i spent over 1k on models at agritechnica.
altho they would be worth a few quid more today.

ive slowed up on them now, still buy an odd one from the one man, but thats about it.

Oh fook, I spent €90 on one of these http://uskscalemodels.com/ and had just about enough space to get it home in the carry on luggage.

Just had a look through ebay myself. amount of things I played with just 20 years ago now worth a penny, or even described as 'rare'. Some of them still in the box for the little cousins.

Recognise even more still from my aunts house, she had older children and so some of their old toys would be a good age by now. But alas no boxes!!

I wonder, did any one else ever re-cycle the wheels on broken tractors to make twin wheels!!?? Just a bit of insulating tape and you soon had a fully twinned tractor for cultivating the 'ploughed carpet'!

Just had a look through ebay myself. amount of things I played with just 20 years ago now worth a penny, or even described as 'rare'. Some of them still in the box for the little cousins.

Recognise even more still from my aunts house, she had older children and so some of their old toys would be a good age by now. But alas no boxes!!

I wonder, did any one else ever re-cycle the wheels on broken tractors to make twin wheels!!?? Just a bit of insulating tape and you soon had a fully twinned tractor for cultivating the 'ploughed carpet'!

we used super glue! hard to get off but we had plenty of tractors, we even had a britains mb trac. dad made a farm its in the attic yet and that christmas we spent a good few hours trying to find machinery hidden around granniies(aunties not married so still lived there), they were stuffed up the chimney and everywhere.

Oh fook, I spent €90 on one of these http://uskscalemodels.com/ and had just about enough space to get it home in the carry on luggage.
thats a nice model there.
i wasnt in the humour for standing in the line that went half ways round the hall on the first preview day to get the matt black challenger, which took about 2 hours to clear and iirc would of lightened your pocket by about €200 for one.
it was nice tho.

i got a box from one of the stands on my way home one evening, and i put all the models into it and posted it back here with dhl.
iirc it cost about €50 odd to do it.
tnt were looking for near €300 for the same job from the office on the showgrounds.

oh yeah, had twins on a lot of stuff.
but i pulled the wheels off and made new axle pins...

the box a lot of the time is worth about as much as the model is without it in mint condition, basically about 50% more if its untouched.

some models can increase in value something chronic over the years.
imo, the holy grail is this little fellow, classed as super rare, but still a few about if you look.
its a Denzil Skinner 1/16 Scale Vickers Vigor Crawler Tractor,
originally made for the sales reps as a demo model, nobody actually knows just how many were made iirc.
anyways, this little baby today, could set you back the best part of €5,000 if it was in the right auction....
181-201192191941_468x382.jpg

I have a few in the press here in my room tucked away. Sorta gave up on it for a bit but started buying the odd one again then stopped. Dear hobby is right if one kept buying.

Was in the shopping center if you want to call it that it town yesterday after work as had physio at 6:30pm so was in for a quick snack beforehand. I spots a man with a stand in there selling models, had a few nice ones too and all. Temptation was beginning to get the better of me but on the way back out I sees him packing up for the night so left him alone. He had a lovely UH 6810 ford SQ cab and the Brittians ford 7600 Q cab too. Nice hobby but can get addictive and hard on the pocket :D

They look nice. UH make some good stuff. Just let down by the rear linkage....

They do but unfortunately they do make silly mistakes too,

Some very sought after models to be spoiled by a cab being slightly wrong...

Wheels and that can be sorted but other stuff is more difficult to fix

Not long back from the Model show at the International Hotel @ Cork Airport.

Bought these x 3 items :whistle: Good show. Plenty of people there and some nice exhibitions too. Thought it would have been bigger but passed away an hour all the same.

unnamed.jpg

You have a bad dose of the disease....5 in a fortnight:D

Oh stop :D
Wasn't in the door half an hour and I had near €130 spent :sweatdrop:
Had a look around for another half an hour and took off outta the place before I'd spend any more :whistle:

Oh stop :D
Wasn't in the door half an hour and I had near €130 spent :sweatdrop:
Had a look around for another half an hour and took off outta the place before I'd spend any more :whistle:

Was bad enough for a few years but I've caught up with the manufacturers now..:lol:

Attachments

• Photo0309.jpg
    Photo0309.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Photo0310.jpg
    Photo0310.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Photo0311.jpg
    Photo0311.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 76
nephew is all ready for next year, bought him self a jd 3650 today from money made by selling hiss dodos. already has a case and kane, da has a spfh and claas trailer, i have a selection of ithers and santa is bringing the rest apparently. he doesnt want a tanker its too smelly. sure if he starts when he is 3 on christmas eve by the time he is 16 he will have caught himself on about contracting

the 3650 is very well detailed. i waiting on a 3cx-old style

Back