Ringworm!

Anyone got any cures, for humans!
And no I haven't put ivy in the bedroom..
An old cure, it is slow and unsightly but does work, is to paint around the ring with iodine and use sudacrem on the area.

The doctor will charge you 50euro swabbing the area with iodine but you can buy non prescription iodine at a vet that will do the same thing. i let a drop fall on the area twice a day. It can get painful but you need to continue with the treatment until it stops itching or it will come back.

Anyone got any cures, for humans!
And no I haven't put ivy in the bedroom..

I got it about 10 years ago from a pedigree bull that I was halter training. I washed it every day in imaverol and it cleared it - I washed the bull with it too and it cleared him.

There are a couple of treatment directions that you could go.

It's a fungal infection, so an athlete's foot cream will treat it quite well. Lamisil can be bought off the shelf. Daktarin is stronger but can't be bought over the counter, unless you re in Northern Ireland or UK.

There's a great natural treatment from Oralden. They owner is Michael Lynch - he does a lot of shows around these parts. I have got hair oil from him for animal ringworm treatment and he claims that it works just as well on humans. https://www.orlden.com/index.aspx?pageid=441517

I got it about 10 years ago from a pedigree bull that I was halter training. I washed it every day in imaverol and it cleared it - I washed the bull with it too and it cleared him.

There are a couple of treatment directions that you could go.

It's a fungal infection, so an athlete's foot cream will treat it quite well. Lamisil can be bought off the shelf. Daktarin is stronger but can't be bought over the counter, unless you re in Northern Ireland or UK.

There's a great natural treatment from Oralden. They owner is Michael Lynch - he does a lot of shows around these parts. I have got hair oil from him for animal ringworm treatment and he claims that it works just as well on humans. https://www.orlden.com/index.aspx?pageid=441517
This cost €24. :scared:15524058061639031308305944737903.jpg

Wow. I was in Belcoo on the cavan / fermanagh border a few weeks ago and got a big tube of Daktarin for £4.50. About 3 times the sixe of that tube. If I was living in Northern ireland, I'd have gotten it free on the NHS.
I have done pharmacists' accounts and I know what they make. They are the modern day version of pirates. Nothing less that a 50 is what you need going into one for anything. You wouldn't want to actually have anything serious wrong with you.

Apparently you only get ringworm once, got it myself when i was a young lad and the doctor told me i wouldn't get it again after that which i didn't,,
Shingles are the worry when your stressed and rundown!!!
Hope that's true, got it when I was a young lad too.

:lol::lol: there was a lad in collage got it there. And a girl from the horsey set had it on her lip..... two and two were soon put togeather!!! My god they got stick for it.
1 plus 1 were already together before 2 +2

Reactions: AYF
Got it myself around Christmas, was probably ran down, had an awful flu and chest infection around the same time. There was a tube of daktarin here so I didn’t give it much time to get established as soon as I copped it was ringworm.
After a couple of weeks of the cream not doing much only burning the surface of the skin I showed it to the doctor and he gave me a tablet to be taken once a week for 6 wks and it worked a charm.
I actually asked him was it the same in humans as with cattle was it a once off thing, he wasn’t certain but after he thought about it he made out he had treated people more than once for it.

Had it on the wrist as a teenager, must've got it off a weanling but I don't remember stock here having it. Went to the doc eventually and got Daktarin and if I remember correctly Daktacort also. Cured it but every spring when I shore the sheep the ringworm flared up again. A patch about an inch in diameter. It's 16 years since I shore sheep and haven't had it since. Think the greasy wool triggered it.

You could maybe try a tea tree oil product to wash the affected area but be careful with undiluted tea tree oil , don't put it in the skin neat it burns like mad.

Don't share towels or facecloths with others to avoid spreading it.

An old school GP should be able to prescribe medication to sort it quickly, the newer younger ones often don't know much about ringworm.

School teachers used catch ringworm from school books as it can spread on timber or paper .
I got it on both forearms 20 something years ago when I wasn't working with stock
At the time had been near wooden gates and doc and me worked it out

Mine got infected as hose burst on post knocked and covered my arms in oil:cry:

Back