stomach tube stuck in calf

Had one last back end do this,pipe had gone brittle and it snapped off.

Calf was on deaths door when we bagged it and it never made it.

Had one last year do the same thing! A big long narrow AGH son! He had a bad pain and tried to vent him off with the tube! Anyways he split it and swallowed it. Tried pulling it out but to no avail. Rang the vet and he agreed for the risks involved and value of the calf it wasn't worth operating! Same calf powered along and was one of the best of all at sale during this spring! I'd leave well enough alone !

Had one last year do the same thing! A big long narrow AGH son! He had a bad pain and tried to vent him off with the tube! Anyways he split it and swallowed it. Tried pulling it out but to no avail. Rang the vet and he agreed for the risks involved and value of the calf it wasn't worth operating! Same calf powered along and was one of the best of all at sale during this spring! I'd leave well enough alone !
my da called in with the vet and said the operation would be 100euro, but the calf could survive anyway. given that the calf is sickly he decided to take his chances.

Happed here 2 yrs ago tube was brittle and cracked .never did any more .was fully expecting the calf to die .same animal is now milking

Back