Swedish MB Trac

Well lads, is this better?

Posted from the Ham Bone using Crapatalk 2

God Brucey , you were a Holstein a few days ago, then a montbeliard crossed with some thing strange and now this yoke with a bit of charolais colouring:confused:

i knew all along thats who brucey was,he,ll probably get married and he will refuse to give the guests a meal as he thinks meal is a waste of money, its about time brucey was banned:yes:

You can picture me now, measuring out the cake sparingly in 2 sessions 12 hours apart, and there'd be no crumbs left either. The bar will only be opened once everyone is really thirsty and closed again once they've all gotten a drink. Children won't be fed at all as this is uneconomical. Accommodation is the bicycle shed with the roof removed, it'll be grand though if everyone packs in.

I thought the idea was to have a spare gearbox, as they were easy enough drop and swap?

Out of all mb trac talk, I never once heard anyone discuss if they were comfortable, or how hard or easy on fuel?

I've driven the 1300 a good few times now and also test-drove a 900 and a 1000 and they all seemed quite comfortable to be in, especially with the front suspension. The nose rising when you accelerate can get addictive too!

1500, you should always change gear in them seconds before time[changing down], because on entry into da next gear it specifally required a slow gentle push and she,d slot in da finest, they wer fierce comfortable even more so than a fendt, 42mph,

I'll get the hang of it eventually. I find it hard enough to get from one pair of gears to the next (mainly from 3rd/4th to 5th/6th and back again) without losing a bit of momentum; I need to do it a bit quicker. Sometimes matters in hilly Monaghan!

Guys down here draw a small bit of grass with one Jim heery in Cavan has one on done deal tink she's a 1200 not sure

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

Heery's 1500 is on DoneDeal here:
http://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/mb-trac-1500/5642359

Saw her a few weeks back, a bit rusty on the panels here and there but overall a very straight lookin yoke. He says she needs brakes all done up on her though so didn't get a drive in her. He's lookin €14,500 which seems like a price of a perfect one, not one needing money spent on her.

You can picture me now, measuring out the cake sparingly in 2 sessions 12 hours apart, and there'd be no crumbs left either. The bar will only be opened once everyone is really thirsty and closed again once they've all gotten a drink. Children won't be fed at all as this is uneconomical. Accommodation is the bicycle shed with the roof removed, it'll be grand though if everyone packs in.

i suppose the honeymoon suite will be very basic too ,a round bale of straw, handcuffs and 2 shackles on the wall;)

Saw her a few weeks back, a bit rusty on the panels here and there but overall a very straight lookin yoke. He says she needs brakes all done up on her though so didn't get a drive in her. He's lookin €14,500 which seems like a price of a perfect one, not one needing money spent on her.
i take it she is a tad dear at that money then so?

ye have one yourselves do ye?

And that man usualy is good value he has 6480 on there for 25 inc vat don't know what order she is in the father delth with him lately very sound he made out

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

i take it she is a tad dear at that money then so?

ye have one yourselves do ye?

Yeah, the brother bought one a couple of years ago. You can see a few short vids I put on Youtube here:

Spreading slurry:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zpiv78WevI"]1985 MB trac 1300 spreading slurry - YouTube[/ame]

Exhaust & air-intake mod:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEXTn-aInMI"]MB trac 1300 Modified Exhaust & Air-Intake - YouTube[/ame]

Engine change:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHVvUBwuc8E"]MB trac 1300 replacement engine OM366A video clip and slieshow - YouTube[/ame]

Recorded some better videos of her last year but haven't got around to editing them/uploading them to Youtube yet.

And that man usualy is good value he has 6480 on there for 25 inc vat don't know what order she is in the father delth with him lately very sound he made out

Haven't bought anything from Heery yet. He has had a few MB tracs over the last few years but I think they were all a bit dear, like the current one. Still, he usually gets them sold quickly enough so there are obviously still people out there looking for them.

Did they make these in reverse drive?

Yep they did.

I know that I have brochures for the range of mercs somewhere, these brochures must be quite rare at this stage.

I wouldn't say she was struggling, more like working. Hardly a puff of smoke from her.

Big wheels too the extra few km/hr. Threads reversed.

Yep they did.

I know that I have brochures for the range of mercs somewhere, these brochures must be quite rare at this stage.

I wouldn't say she was struggling, more like working. Hardly a puff of smoke from her.

Big wheels too the extra few km/hr. Threads reversed.

Local contractor had one, think he only had it for one year as the pto packs kept packing in,

mbs are fairly comfortable steering wheel is big and no adjustment , good visibility ,modern thing in its day , gearboxs good but when you change air splitter you have to give them time to move syncro,s ,if not a rough operator can be sore on them , draft control not that good for ploughing ,
lots where used for spraying , and south cave tractors ,www.southcavetractors.com .. make a quality if not one of the best sprayers based on a new unimog ,

if these pics upload ,our one does rolling with the wide tyres on , and putting averdex on and has 12m slurry boom on , and was main sprayer with 24m demount until 2 year ago when new houseman replaced it ,
its a 89 on a g done 14000 hours and had only a clutch and an expansion bottle for radiator .
nice to drive frugal on fuel and pulls well for 100hp ,

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 53
mb 8m springtines doing a headland after drilling with vaddy ,will try and find some of it with slurry boom on and when it was a sprayer

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 65
  • tn1.jpg
    tn1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 65
mbs are fairly comfortable steering wheel is big and no adjustment , good visibility ,modern thing in its day , gearboxs good but when you change air splitter you have to give them time to move syncro,s ,if not a rough operator can be sore on them , draft control not that good for ploughing ,
lots where used for spraying , and south cave tractors ,www.southcavetractors.com .. make a quality if not one of the best sprayers based on a new unimog ,

if these pics upload ,our one does rolling with the wide tyres on , and putting averdex on and has 12m slurry boom on , and was main sprayer with 24m demount until 2 year ago when new houseman replaced it ,
its a 89 on a g done 14000 hours and had only a clutch and an expansion bottle for radiator .
nice to drive frugal on fuel and pulls well for 100hp ,

Nice looking article.

There's an ex-contractor, turned vintage enthusiast, that has a 1300 or 1500 near here. Think it's mainly used for taking stuff to vintage shows.

Have to ask... what's in the background of the first picture? 90-90?

Nice looking article.

There's an ex-contractor, turned vintage enthusiast, that has a 1300 or 1500 near here. Think it's mainly used for taking stuff to vintage shows.

I was going to ask the same but said better not :rolleyes:

demount from mb , which is for sale if any one interested , slurry pics .new sprayer ,

and a mishap when 6610 stalled on a bridge over river and no brakes and rolled into ditch

Attachments

• tn3.jpg
    tn3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 61
  • tn5.jpg
    tn5.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 65
  • tn8.jpg
    tn8.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 66
  • tn4.jpg
    tn4.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 63
  • tn7.jpg
    tn7.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 74
Nice looking article.

yes its a 90 90 was at a classic working day ,will put some pics of it up on another thread as this is a mb thread ,
have a friend who runs 3 mb,s has one of 4 1800,s in uk a 1500 ,and a 1000 , shall have to find the pics of them

Jim, get hold of [MENTION=1946]Rorsday[/MENTION] He might get that pic of the trailer into Classic Tractor for you? He had a thread up about a lack of machinery misshap pics.

Were a few MB's in this area back in the day, one was a demount sprayer for a spraying contractor, he sold her on because de-mounting was too much work when he needed a tractor for other jobs.

Back