The rugby

whilst there is a case it was a yellow or worse, that still doesn't excuse Ireland's poor game management. was glad to hear Zebo have the same opinion today so i'm not just going mad on my own.

A yellow card or red card then at the 23’ minute would have changed the game. Totally agree about the lack of game management. No leadership on the field

Same could be said of Crowley too, we did give away too many kickable Penalties, somebody alluded to it above, a performance of Ireland of the old,

England better on the day but Ireland should have won it

On their day England are every bit as good as Ireland, it took the eventual WC cup winners the last kick of the ball to beat them in the semi final a few months back.

Consistency is what England lack, Ireland have had it in abundance in recent years

On their day England are every bit as good as Ireland, it took the eventual WC cup winners the last kick of the ball to beat them in the semi final a few months back.

Consistency is what England lack, Ireland have had it in abundance in recent years

i don't agree with that, weather greatly aided England that game plus SA were there for the taking after the hell they went through to beat france(which imo was robbed from france by Ben O'Keefe), yesterday's england were a far better team than the one in the world cup.

what i'd say about how good teams are or aren't on one day to the next is this, with a logical mind it's irrelevant how good any one team of opposition is on any given day, if you are to be the best you must assume they are all as good and as good as yourself, because in the big games like quarter finals, semi finals and finals, you won't be meeting bad teams, so if you want to be the best then beating good teams is necessary and should be expected. in short i'd summarise it respectfully, that for a team like ireland to excuse themselves because of how another team played would be a cop out.
this is about how ireland played, and i think i've pointed out in previous posts a pretty good case for that.

Disappointment for Ireland U 20's having left Scotland scoreless, England hammering France in the second half gives them the title.
Ya it was. They eventually got going and kept going in fairness to them. England's second half was epic

i have zero sympathy for rugby referees that get abuse, if you are that terrible at your job you deserve it. how can you be on your backside with the tackler holding you and spin round back on your feet and score? unbelievably bad. makes this sport a joke

91d1f200-594e-4005-a08b-92b30ff4d4c9.jpeg

Some performance from Leinster. Could never write La Rochelle off but hard to see them coming back at this stage.

Be nice to give them a good hammering, especially when Skelton is being his thuggish best at the breakdown.

Nice to put the La Rochelle hoodoo behind us!

It felt like the final in that whoever won this would be the strong favourites to lift the trophy at the end.

That said, nothing won yet, and need to do the same to the winners of Northampton and the Bulls.

Back