Tile Drainage 1977

The Dexta climbing a steep pit .
img023.jpg
img024.jpg
[/IMG]

Fancy outfit for loading Fertiliser. The spreader was owned by Jim Byrne from near Castledermot.
img028.jpg
img029.jpg
img030.jpg
[/IMG]

I've loaded sacks of grain into the collecting wagon with an elevator, similar job to those pics. I bet there's not many around that can tie a sack these days (well not so you can undo it with one hand)
Nice pics again, and as always many thanks for sharing.

ps. is that not a chain harrow frame in that last second pic? I thought they were a modern thing.

I've loaded sacks of grain into the collecting wagon with an elevator, similar job to those pics. I bet there's not many around that can tie a sack these days (well not so you can undo it with one hand)
Nice pics again, and as always many thanks for sharing.

ps. is that not a chain harrow frame in that last second pic? I thought they were a modern thing.
It was a Parmiter Chain Harrow the design did not change for years .

Great pics Bog Man, do you know the whereabouts of any of the old tractors and digger etc now?
The only one I came across was the Ford 4550 in Johnny Coogans minus the engine. I have a good few more black and white that I can post.

The only one I came across was the Ford 4550 in Johnny Coogans minus the engine. I have a good few more black and white that I can post.
dont hold back.
find them quite interesting.:thumbup:

funny, i have 2 lister sowers here, bought both of them, they make a good quad sower....

Great pictures Bog Man!

The 135 looks under pressure :D:D

Big load under that Major with the Matador :scared:

Keep 'em coming :thumbup2:

fella next door to my dad when he used to live in Bala used a hay bogey well into the 70's. Apparently he didn't start using a bogey until early 70's, used to just drag the pile down the fields, through a shallow stream even! he had a tractor just wouldn't have a baler! everyone else had balers!!

Its hauling water in a barrel. I would think it was Nat Coles mill and in later years Paddy Morrissey mill a brother of Dan Morrissey Sand and Gravel fame .

I can get rid of 3 tonne in 20 mins spreading at 30 metres so I reckon the new outfit would be more fuel efficient . The Fendt is a bit of overkill spreading fert but I have served my time in Purgatory driving old crap I deserve a bit of comfort in my declining years . Is that my complan nurse ?:lol::lol::lol:

Back