Todays Photo

.no i bought the frame and engine of a lad in aghacashell who brought in a few of them. the frame is a logic equipment, bought the spreader up the north, I had to replace the engine but actually found the keenest price was in Farrys. there's a few logics about and a few home made frames also about
Think the engine for mine was about 180 quid with the 6:1 already on it, so I bought a spare, so far have robbed the pull cord off it.

Earliest ever first cut at the home place. Been nibbling away at it the last couple of days. Normally it is the backend of May for silage on this heavy clay

View attachment 136776
An old trimble 150, was a lot handier than the 250, could do the rounds without an A/B then drop one in down the middle of the field, started up in half the time too.

Think the engine for mine was about 180 quid with the 6:1 already on it, so I bought a spare, so far have robbed the pull cord off it.
😀 you definitely got valve then so , had to buy a new engine for it ,ahh back probably 8 or 10 year ago , but it's probably a safe bet to say the price of it would have 4 digits now

😀 you definitely got valve then so , had to buy a new engine for it ,ahh back probably 8 or 10 year ago , but it's probably a safe bet to say the price of it would have 4 digits now
geargb.co.uk/products/Engines/PTO_Drives

Don't think you'd see them much in the south east. It's a great concept though for a fert spreader and possibly a sprayer for foliar fert mounted on a bogey.
Every day is a school day as they say.

geargb.co.uk/products/Engines/PTO_Drives

Don't think you'd see them much in the south east. It's a great concept though for a fert spreader and possibly a sprayer for foliar fert mounted on a bogey.
Every day is a school day as they say.
thanks for that link
😅 well when you hear of dust rising from the lads at grain this week , it's still quite a time off from being an issue here, @mixed fleet @muckymanor ,one wouldn't find SDA on the maps in wexford.
it's a savour around here, doubtful if I would have spread the silage ground without marks with 600's on the 110. there's lads with trailed sprayers for them aswell, possibly a 200 litre plus tank on it and booms.see lads out topping with them aswell for clearing off ground etc ,think they take 5 ft, but I wouldn't fancy it one bit, relation has one and can do abit with an acre and hour.

An old trimble 150, was a lot handier than the 250, could do the rounds without an A/B then drop one in down the middle of the field, started up in half the time too.
Well spotted. That’s an Ag Leader branded one called an Ez Guide but was made by Trimble. Think it must be 20 years old, one of the brothers bought it new when he was doing bulk fert spreading. Had a lad do a software update on it last year as it hadn’t been used for a good few years. Then the power plug disintegrated when we went to use it in the tractor so it went back into the cupboard. Fired it up on Friday with a new plug and it just worked away.

After a pretty miserable wintery morning, it ended up a very nice if somewhat cold evening here, so myself and my little helper added another pear tree to our little orchard.

IMG_1389.jpeg

I like to add a nice soupy mix of peat and soil when planting. So far has worked a treat on the trees I planted.

IMG_1390.jpegIMG_1391.jpeg

My helper then decided he needed a rest after all his work, and turned his dumper into a bed.

IMG_1395.jpegIMG_1394.jpegIMG_3764.png

Back