Todays Photo

what is the small hydraulic ram under the lights at the back for?
Pulls the lights against the body to stop them getting covered in sh#t is my guess?
Yeah its to close the lights, I do a fair bit of travelling on the road loaded so thought it would be handy.
Tee,d into the back door I,d think .It,s been on the to do list here for ages :blushing:
This one is tee'd into the bed chain, I thought it was going to be in to the door! Tbh it's not ideal you have to reverse the bed chain along way to get them to open, then when starting loaded the beaters obviously need to be going first before moving the floor. Think i'm going to put a couple of extra pipes into another spool, they've tee'd in at the front by the floor speed valve so the pipes won't be that long, it don't seem quite right now anyway!!!:tdown:

Yeah its to close the lights, I do a fair bit of travelling on the road loaded so thought it would be handy.

This one is tee'd into the bed chain, I thought it was going to be in to the door! Tbh it's not ideal you have to reverse the bed chain along way to get them to open, then when starting loaded the beaters obviously need to be going first before moving the floor. Think i'm going to put a couple of extra pipes into another spool, they've tee'd in at the front by the floor speed valve so the pipes won't be that long, it don't seem quite right now anyway!!!:tdown:
seen 1 with a flap that the slurry door moves :Thumbp2:

One that came here once had them activated by the door. But it needed to be down to the very last to open them. So worked very well.
Was just a counter balanced or sprung flap I think. A bit of the door just caught it as it was coming down to the last few inches.

C0A765AF-2198-454A-8538-B38469F460FB.png C2361E33-49EF-4D03-A624-C73BC3676182.png F8E6AA8E-F7E4-4201-BFAF-7A28582B0084.png This is ours, works well you can lift the door a small bit first to close them and when finished don’t close the door the last bit until spinners slow down. Haven’t had any issues even when spreading wet stuff , should have done it years ago !!!

That was a disappointing amount of weld to be on a Redrock product, wasn't it? Hope they put more weld onto their dump trailer rams...
MF30
I'd imagine the rams are bought in from a third party,
And in fairness I bought an 04 16t dump trailer that had one ram weeping when I bought it. I brought the ram to the local expert and he even remarked when I collected it that they were a very good quality ram and it was just a loose seal was the problem it hadn't failed. In fact I wouldn't look past another redrock dump trailer because its quality, service it's given.

Back