tractor rental v buying..

imokilly

does it make any more sence buying new 180-200hp tractors making big payments over 4 or 5 yrs, clocking up 2000hrs a yr, bald tyres after 3 yrs costing 8000euro to replace [michelins] running into dangerous transmission trouble territory at a possible cost of 12000euro to replace, brakes a yr later at 8000hrs and worthless then when she's paid for!
at todays prices i think tractors are too expensive to finance over 3 yrs which would be da right way to do it maybe ........
what would it cost to rent a 200hp tractor for twelve months doin roughly 2000hrs a yr?

does it make any more sence buying new 180-200hp tractors making big payments over 4 or 5 yrs, clocking up 2000hrs a yr, bald tyres after 3 yrs costing 8000euro to replace [michelins] running into dangerous transmission trouble territory at a possible cost of 12000euro to replace, brakes a yr later at 8000hrs and worthless then when she's paid for!
at todays prices i think tractors are too expensive to finance over 3 yrs which would be da right way to do it maybe ........
what would it cost to rent a 200hp tractor for twelve months doin roughly 2000hrs a yr?

A 170hp JD is €320+vat a week. That's only doing 1000hrs/yr See here
http://templetuohy.jd-dealer.co.uk/About-us/Campaigns/TFM-2013-TRACTOR-HIRE-ALL-PRICES-VAT

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Short term hire 100hrs to maybe 500hrs, €20 to €25/hour, it would cost less if doing high hours, best to get a price from a dealer. If doing 2000hrs/year i think it would pay to own the tractor. Hiring a new tractor to do high hours, part of the deal would be to supply your own tires, so the dealer would have the originals to put back on the tractor when you return it.

what about combine harvester hire 20ft header? any dealers in ireland at that game? its very common in da uk i think.. we normally catch on about 10 yrs later wit things.

A 200hp new holland was 12e an hr for first 1000hr's and 20e an hr after that. Thats what i heard a few lads were paying last yr . As said already if doing near 2000hr's a yr owing the tractor is probably cheaper . You can alway's go down the route of a service contract it would give you set cost per yr to maitain the tractor.

As for dangerous transmition problems etc, how about extended warranties? My uncle swears by them, doesn't take much to make them worth while, depending on what they cover of course.

But afaik he just buys new, extender warranty, and sells when that expires. Now this would be on a loader tractor/ scraper for his dairy farm, not massive hours but rough work.

It's going to cost more to hire it then it is to own it, after all the hirer wants to make a profit too

Ownership costs are approx 7eu/hr.
That's buying a 90K tractor, putting 1500hrs/yr on it and trading it up after 5 years for 52,500.
If your lucky, you will not have purchased tyres during this time.
2000 hrs/yr is a lot of hours. That would be double the norm

You will not rent this cheap.

Back