Weighing Scales

Have a tru-test eziweigh5i here, basic unit just displays weight but that’s all I wanted. Nice big display. If you want to record weights you need to spend another 450 for the 7i. Purchased from O’Donovan Engineering in Coachford. Grant aided, but you need to be claiming with other items to get over the minimum 2000 spend for TAMS.

ICBF sent a lad from FRS to weigh some calves a few years ago. He had a really neat platform that split in 2. It was a trutest scales, so O’Donovans might be able to get you one if you are going to be moving between farms

I have a tru-test sr3000 clock and platform from o Donovan.
Great tool and I had some bad experience before with another make.
My clock stores the herd profile so you know it's recording the correct animal by it's tag.
It shows adg.before I had an ordinary display and found that it was a big job working out adg figures manually for groups

I have a tru-test sr3000 clock and platform from o Donovan.
Great tool and I had some bad experience before with another make.
My clock stores the herd profile so you know it's recording the correct animal by it's tag.
It shows adg.before I had an ordinary display and found that it was a big job working out adg figures manually for groups

Does the clock connect to a PC to upload or download the weight and herd profile data?
TBH, if there was a huge price difference between a basic clock and one that stores the data, I'd stick with the basic one. It wouldn't be hard to do up an excel sheet to automatically calculate ADG.

The clock connects to pc to transfer data.
But I only do that once a year.
The on going performance figures are calculated internally and can be viewed anytime. The problem with calculations isn't the spreadsheet it's manually uploading data.

I want something that's transportable between the 2 counties, so it will have to be a pad for the chute.

Could a basic crush (crate?) both ends and just take the weigh bars and screen with you work?

Should be easy enough to make a system to lift the end of the crush up and slide the bars in?
Could move them in the back of the car.

Those pans are supposedly a bad job. If the beast leans on the sides especially.

@headcase have you EID in your cattle or manual entering?

Could a basic crush (crate?) both ends and just take the weigh bars and screen with you work?

Should be easy enough to make a system to lift the end of the crush up and slide the bars in?

Those pans are supposedly a bad job. If the beast leans on the sides especially.

Manual

Reactions: AYF

We have the pan here and it can an odd time throw a weight but you’d know yourself straight away if it was anyway far off if you had any idea of your stock at all tbh. We had weighing done here before by outsiders and some of them were a bit rediculous.. a bullock supposedly weighing 2-300kg in the middle of a batch of 500kg+ animals. Any sort of cop on at all should have known to recheck the animal was right on the scales...

We got ours (digistar) from o’neil In Kilkenny but we paid a bit extra to get an 8ft platform over the standard 7ft. We found we needed the length with the big 24month friesan steers. We don’t catch the animal in the head gate when weighing, just leave it closed and let them stand behind it because if you catch them they try to push through and send the scales flying

Back