Winter barley 2019

I have WB in some very Mang defficency prone ground, did it with manganese sulphate the minute I could see tramlines, no issues so far. Will treat again with mixable product with growth reg in Feb. manganese sulphate is great stuff if you have an issue especially if used early, I'd spray onto soil before setting beet or maize in some fields.

I have WB in some very Mang defficency prone ground, did it with manganese sulphate the minute I could see tramlines, no issues so far. Will treat again with mixable product with growth reg in Feb. manganese sulphate is great stuff if you have an issue especially if used early, I'd spray onto soil before setting beet or maize in some fields.

I’m a great believer in it too

Thinking of going with 1 bag/acre 10-10-20 during the week, weather permitting. It’s very advanced and don’t really want it growing too more at the minute but am concerned about losing tillers in such an advanced crop.

Thinking of going with 1 bag/acre 10-10-20 during the week, weather permitting. It’s very advanced and don’t really want it growing too more at the minute but am concerned about losing tillers in such an advanced crop.

Any chance of a couple of pics?

I’m just wondering how thick and well tillered it is.

I haven’t seen any barley yellow due to N deficiency yet. They would want to get very hungry before they lose tillers.
An overly lush crop might already have enough challeges from lodging and mildew, N now might only make those challenges worse.

Mine a few hours ago in fading light It reminds me of stuff that's had it's first nitrogen and starting to perk up!
I'm thinking there's residual nitrogen left after the dry year. It was spring barley last year DSC_0059.JPG

Have you been hiding Christmas presents . The big Newhollands are a lovely tractor.

Most certainly not :lol:

My shock emojis were just highlighting that he’d have me signed up to a CNH on the never never before I’d have left the yard.
The neighbours would be saying decades of the rosary in church for me if there was a change of colour.
I shudder to think what would happen if I went min till, I guess I’d become a star - on with Sean O’Rourke, Dancing with the stars, blonde women rolling down their windows to wolf whistle at me......:woot::clap:

Mine a few hours ago in fading light It reminds me of stuff that's had it's first nitrogen and starting to perk up!
I'm thinking there's residual nitrogen left after the dry year. It was spring barley last year View attachment 62443
I was thinking the same thing today looking at the crops here at home. Add in the lower rainfall then usual as well and there's less leaching then other years.

Back