Massey Ferguson

There not the original stickers. Bought new in 1977.1973 168 traded in.only reason for change was it was cheaper to change than to upgrade the old one with power steering and spool valves.

@GALCAM its a tough one.

As soon as you put a new bonnet on it then you'll have to paint it all

If you're not in any mad rush then bide your time and see what surfaces in terms of parts second hand.

If it lives indoors I'd be inclined to do very little to it.

buy a bunch of red spray cans and see if you can figure out a decent colour match to the faded red. Then remake/repair that rusted out light box at the back. Find matching light fittings (ideal job for the young lads to stare at the millions of used lights that will be on ebay) and fit power steering.

Rub an oily rag over it and enjoy an original machine

I know what u mean John Boy. I was thinking if this was in the monkey garage, Richard Rollins would call the rust “patina” and spray it over with lacquer and that woukd be the end of it. I did notice last night that Anglo Agri parts website is significantly than others for the parts I was going to get. I don’t mind spending a bit on it as it owes me nothing. I would love to source where his white David brown 770 went to and if it’s still in existence even in a pile of nettles. He bought that in 1969, the Reg was SIZ 701.

I know what u mean John Boy. I was thinking if this was in the monkey garage, Richard Rollins would call the rust “patina” and spray it over with lacquer and that woukd be the end of it. I did notice last night that Anglo Agri parts website is significantly than others for the parts I was going to get. I don’t mind spending a bit on it as it owes me nothing. I would love to source where his white David brown 770 went to and if it’s still in existence even in a pile of nettles. He bought that in 1969, the Reg was SIZ 701.
Well don't let Aaron at it or the bill will go ballistic!! I think the advice you are getting is good take it slowly!! Tractor is under cover so maybe see if you can find someone to repair the bonnet!!
Fit the power steering and keep an eye out for a cab or else repair bit by bit!!
Spent many years on a 212 165 and always did work that should have needed a 185 or 188.. Long term you have a tractor with YOUR HISTORY to me that's worth more than anything.

While at the refurb please remove the spool valve from right mudguard!!!!
The most dangerous think I see so commonly!!
Seriously if you have ever seen a hydraulic pipe leak under pressure
I would advise anyone who has similar to have a moment to think about it!!
High pressure oil will cut like a knife and sepsis is very likely afterwards.
IF YOU SURVIVE that is!!
Not trying to scare people but it's really dangerous!!

While at the refurb please remove the spool valve from right mudguard!!!!
The most dangerous think I see so commonly!!
Seriously if you have ever seen a hydraulic pipe leak under pressure
I would advise anyone who has similar to have a moment to think about it!!
High pressure oil will cut like a knife and sepsis is very likely afterwards.
IF YOU SURVIVE that is!!
Not trying to scare people but it's really dangerous!!

If you really must keep the spool best to fit braided sleeves,this stop uv from cracking and will slow down a burst.

Had a hose burst on a hedger years ago and got blasted with hot oil,wasn’t fun.

Thanks for the advice Meath man. I will get it relocated. Now I’ve removed grill and panels above and below and on each side of the rad. The bottom bulkhead panel seems rotten so I need to replace it. Would love to just cut out that rusty rail section of the bonnet and have a new piece welded in. The bonnet is solid. If I want to remove bonnet apart from the two battery panels each side where is it attached or what would I have to do. Will the wiring to the dash disks need to be disconnected? C934D861-8EB4-4D5F-83E8-AB4878ADC0D9.jpeg43F1A463-8D69-4D04-91C7-7201BC6DDE81.jpeg1CD15F22-0525-4E6C-A282-D3A2ACEDBDDF.jpeg

In the last pic if you look directly under the N on the sticker you'll see a grey bracket bent at 90 degrees pointing towards the cab just over the fan cowl. If you feel up inside that you'll find an 11mm bolt and the same on the other side. The nuts on both sides are welded to the bonnet itself so no need to try holding them. After that it's just the 4 bolts around the dash under the steering wheel and the bonnet will lift off. Keep all those bolts if you can as they are fine thread imperial bolts.

Tks diesel power, bonnet off. Looks worse now that it’s off as there’s rust holes on the lower side of one side apart from the obvious frontal rust. Might take it to local panel beater for his assessment.

690's must be appreciating....

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson/23930636

ZTQ5OTVhNTk3MGQxYzg0OTI2ZTRjMWZhZjM3NTFhZGVEjscO5fnPdshbqMR3-mZbaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzk2OTI0MTR8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Bonnet sent of for repairs. The dash panel where all gauges and speedo are mounted needs to be sorted as the surface rust makes it look bad. I dread disconnecting all the wires and connections as they look pretty tired. Would a new wire loom for it replace all wires from switches to end function?63AEDA9C-3833-4818-AA59-AC12AD78BAE6.jpeg

Did the loom include all the wiring for the lights, fuel tank unit, starter, heater plug etc? Was it as it should be?

Did the loom include all the wiring for the lights, fuel tank unit, starter, heater plug etc? Was it as it should be?
There was actually 3 looms for the 135 the dash wires the front lights and the back lights ie lights on the mudguards rear number plates rear work lamps etc. Everything was there I ordered them over the phone so I could chat to them make sure I got everything. Think they cost 90 inl vat for the lot.

Back