Factory Prices General thread

They look for a record of cattle movements. If you weren’t filling your blue book and weren’t able to access your herd profile on agfood for whatever reason, Ie technical breakdown a sound assessor would be happy with your purchase and and sales sheet.

There is an agent in the south east here who draws to a couple of midland plants and is always a very happy cheery little man with maybe 10cent over the odds , but then when the grading makes o+ of r grade ect and charge for clipping clean cattle + haulage you’d have done a lot better elsewhere.

Last edited:
Must be @Mf240 nosey mate that was doing your inspection:laugh:. Commerical information is none of their business. If I was you I would be lodging a complaint, especially if their are GDPR issues aswell with info been passed

He actually fierce sound. He hated bord bia job and has gotten a better job since. He only passed the remark to me. Never gave names or figures

I cannot understand from a commercial standpoint how it makes sense for a factory only to kill 2 days this week? Are they struggling to shift what has been killed the last while? If you listened to the print media, then there is huge demand for beef. It makes no sense to have the facilities and labour in place and not work the asset, even if this means a 5c increase in beef prices to get numbers. Can they lay off the staff for the other days? Hard to believe.

I cannot understand from a commercial standpoint how it makes sense for a factory only to kill 2 days this week? Are they struggling to shift what has been killed the last while? If you listened to the print media, then there is huge demand for beef. It makes no sense to have the facilities and labour in place and not work the asset, even if this means a 5c increase in beef prices to get numbers. Can they lay off the staff for the other days? Hard to believe.

Are they all working a short week or just some.

Can't get cattle into it. Is supplying a lot of its carcasses to other meat factories. They will pay more to fill the orders that they are contracted to meet, but why pay more to fill another factory's store room when they can buy cattle at a lower price in another part of the country. Workers can be laid off and claim social welfare payments if working for 3 days or less per week. Its coming into traditional holiday time too, so easier to close at this time of year.

Why compete with other factories when you don't have to? Keeping the price down benefits every factory.

Must be @Mf240 nosey mate that was doing your inspection:laugh:. Commerical information is none of their business. If I was you I would be lodging a complaint, especially if their are GDPR issues aswell with info been passed
If he seen your bank account hed think it was your phone number:eek3::eek3::lol::lol:
Aye, sure my number is 000 nothing nothing nothing nought nought nougght zero :laugh:

3.65 in slaney today base. Got 3.95 for in spec Angus, apparently they are anxious to get them if anyone has a few.

The pricing system is a bit like glanbias milk statement being talked about in another thread. It's written in coded cipher

3.65 in slaney today base. Got 3.95 for in spec Angus, apparently they are anxious to get them if anyone has a few.

The pricing system is a bit like glanbias milk statement being talked about in another thread. It's written in coded cipher

3.95 flat plus QA on top? Usual bonus there is 10c on top of base on the grid.

Baes price of €3.65
Plus 20c quality assurance
Plus 10c Angus
€3.95.
Is how I understand it, am I right?
When comparing prices, the best way to do it, is on the base price. Some farmers can get a bit mixed with the grid and bonuses.

That's my way as well :Thumbp2:

Baes price of €3.65
Plus 20c quality assurance
Plus 10c Angus
€3.95.
Is how I understand it, am I right?
When comparing prices, the best way to do it, is on the base price. Some farmers can get a bit mixed with the grid and bonuses.
That's how I read it too @ithastopay slaney dont itemise the bonus for some reason so you have to do the maths on the grid and then assume the rest is bonus.
Da brings down the stock here so I only see the remittance after. He has no interest in the grid or pricing structure so never bothers to ask about the bonus and they are not the most communicative down there anyway. He is mighty interested in the bottom line I might add

I had heavy Charolais and Angus cattle in Slaney today also, my account is inaccessible for some reason so won’t have remittance until tomorrow. Charolais were 27 months old and Angus 29 months. Curious to see the price gap.

I had heavy Charolais and Angus cattle in Slaney today also, my account is inaccessible for some reason so won’t have remittance until tomorrow. Charolais were 27 months old and Angus 29 months. Curious to see the price gap.

They've changed the interface over the past year or so and I can't get anything to work on it either :curse:

They've changed the interface over the past year or so and I can't get anything to work on it either :curse:
I rang up about it today and they told me to re-register. Did that and they want a batch number?? Logged in and it’ll take a while for me to be set up properly. Cheque should arrive tomorrow anyway.

I’ve a couple of Hereford heifers to go to the factory soon. Do the factories pay the Hereford bonus automatically or have you to be in a scheme? Killing with dawn waterford

Back