Factory Prices General thread

And the worst Charollais and best Angus, out of curiousity. Hard to tell what each ate in their lifetimes in total
€1860 for the best Charolais and €1200 for the worst Angus. Lesson learned as the Angus was two months older than the CH.
R

And the worst Charollais and best Angus, out of curiousity. Hard to tell what each ate in their lifetimes in total

R
Id have to look it up again but worst CH was around €1650, very little differences in the Anguses.

I’ve a couple of Hereford heifers to go to the factory soon. Do the factories pay the Hereford bonus automatically or have you to be in a scheme? Killing with dawn waterford

Others may know but not sure if you would get the Whitehead bonus there. You have to be a member of a scheme anyway.

Young bulls now at 3.70 base, after all the negative talk they are now at the same base as steers, just goes to show that when cattle are scarce they don't care whether the beef comes from a bull or a bullock.

Young bulls now at 3.70 base, after all the negative talk they are now at the same base as steers, just goes to show that when cattle are scarce they don't care whether the beef comes from a bull or a bullock.
They waited till I had them gone.:laugh:

I feel your pain, these are the last of ours as well for the time being. Better late than never all the same.

@3.70 i hope you dont get over excited :lol:, how many under16 month bulls go through the system anyway. Most would be under 24 and they have all these with the 20c QA and a under base price

Well there is a man above getting 370 for bulls so bullocks and heifers should be that or more.

Once August comes in you'll have Feb 18 cattle coming 30 months though.
You would think so, wouldnt you. But you will see every other category rising towards base price atm. Cows are up 35c over last 2 months. Cattle up 10c over this time?

The ABG for last week was 3.85 for bullocks and 3.88 for heifers. Minus 20c QA, plus probably 3c for breed bonuses means average price paid across the country last week was

3.62 for bullocks
3.65 for heifers

Who is fooling who?

Ozzy is right, they are much happier bring bulls and cows up closer or to the base price than actually increase the base price. That is reflected in bull and cow quotes having increased a lot more than the base price has in recent weeks. I would love to know what base price would be at present if there had been no Covid. My own opinion is that it would be circa 3.85. The days of 4 euro per kg seem like the distant past at this stage, and I cannot see them coming back around too fast.

Once August comes in you have cattle coming 30 months being drafted for factory.

Theres a sale of factory fit cattle being held in kilkenny on Thursday. Be interesting to see how it goes.

Back