Massey Ferguson

A bit of having to have a " fashionable " dual clutch gearbox like everybody else nash am not convinced personally.
Some people have got in their heads if they have a double clutch gearbox they have got a cvt, its complete bollocks as theirs still gears!!! Yes it might be smoother than a conventional powershift but that's it.

As you can see it boils my piss when people say its as good as a vario....:angry:....................Rant over!!

Ha saved me the bother. 2 clutches feathering in , well one in one out having to be modulated through electro spools no thanks.

Some people have got in their heads if they have a double clutch gearbox they have got a cvt, its complete bollocks as theirs still gears!!! Yes it might be smoother than a conventional powershift but that's it.

As you can see it boils my piss when people say its as good as a vario....:angry:....................Rant over!!
And lads that are so called experts say varios are nothing but trouble

3 years ago today I sold the 2006 6480. It was a lovely tractor had all the optional extras you could get at the time bar the datatronic

Attachments

• FD29A945-FEFE-4BF1-9949-57AC931848F7.png
    FD29A945-FEFE-4BF1-9949-57AC931848F7.png
    617.7 KB · Views: 95
That’s serious value versus some other brands

It’s still plenty for it, we priced a 7720, 50km, FL/PTO, front weight, Michelin tyres, front and cab suspension, 4 spools, no auto steer, €92 plus vat, a few years back, from what I hear they haven’t went up that much.
They must be good value, MF are selling very well,
In general new tractors are gone too expensive, we’ve bought plenty of new stuff over the years, the decisions to buy new or secondhand or indeed to buy at all, are becoming more difficult for the past 10 years or so, its not sustainable long term, to be paying more for machinery and taking the same or less for grain.

It’s still plenty for it, we priced a 7720, 50km, FL/PTO, front weight, Michelin tyres, front and cab suspension, 4 spools, no auto steer, €92 plus vat, a few years back, from what I hear they haven’t went up that much.
In general new tractors are gone too expensive, we’ve bought plenty of new stuff over the years, the decisions to buy new or secondhand or indeed to buy at all, are becoming more difficult for the past 10 years or so, its not sustainable long term, to be paying more for machinery and taking the same or less for grain.
I'd have more fun spending that on 2 or possibly 3 second hand tractors.

Still upgrading tractor here and still have 5470 in our heads but theres a 5612 for similar money to a 5470 that we are looking at the 5470 is 2009 5612 2016 , 5612 doesnt seem half the tractor that the 5470 is just seems more user friendly for loader work. 5612 seems light on the back in comparison to the 5470. What would yer thoughts , i dont mind the redge plate at all means nothing to me so I think it seems the 5470 is a better heavier tractor. Also looked at a 6470 but was a bit out of our price range and was gone within a few days , they seem rare

I'd have more fun spending that on 2 or possibly 3 second hand tractors.
there are downsides to that too. like something always calling on repairs when the going gets tough. thats not to say new is always better. a second pony can be very handy.

The costs don't stop with a new tractor. There's the combine, the sprayer, the onepass, the plough etc etc. How tillage farmers keep it all going with grain at 140 euro a ton is a mystery.

A
Still upgrading tractor here and still have 5470 in our heads but theres a 5612 for similar money to a 5470 that we are looking at the 5470 is 2009 5612 2016 , 5612 doesnt seem half the tractor that the 5470 is just seems more user friendly for loader work. 5612 seems light on the back in comparison to the 5470. What would yer thoughts , i dont mind the redge plate at all means nothing to me so I think it seems the 5470 is a better heavier tractor. Also looked at a 6470 but was a bit out of our price range and was gone within a few days , they seem rare
a 5470 is more like a 6615 than a 5612. You couldn’t really compare them two tractors, the 5470 is definitely a heavier duty tractor

depends what you want it to do.
The 5612 is a lovely place to spend a day. It’s far quieter than the 5400 series. A real pocket rocket.
For a second tractor for light /loader work I’d pick the 5600 all day long but for a sole tractor to do a bit of everything I’d probably pick the 5400.
Having said that if you put it over 5 years the 5470 will be 15 yrs old when paid for.
Pricing seems strange the 5612 should be 15-20k dearer than the 5470

Doesn't seem to be many about compared to 6480s

The 5470 should be a good bit less that the newer 5612 I'd of thought.

I could be wrong, but they are two different backends as well.

As stevieg said, it really depends on what you want it to do.

There's an awful lot of tat out there second hand.

Back