What are you up to in the workshop?

I got a quote of €625 to make an end door for a cattle shed its 14 foot 4.5 " wide by 6 foot high with 2 inch blueband round pipe and sheeted on 1 side with corrugated sheeting,that's made and fitted for that price is this a good quote do ye think ?...
Don't see many doors made with pipe round here.
Any reason for pipe over box?

You are right John boy its not sliding and yes it is a big wind catcher but sure what can you do .
We had box and it doesn't last any lenght of time .the pipe is alot stronger

Right lads have an old petrol engine here off a lawn mower . Plan was to buy a pressure washer pump to mount to it . (Seen it done on another forum) . Issue I’m having is cost, pump to mount to the shaft coming from the engine seem to be only got from the USA. 7/8 shaft and at that they need 5hp engine . What I’ve here is only 3.5hp . Now I have a pressure washer pump off an electric washer . Plan now is mount the engine on this pump . Need ideas on how to connect the 2 shafts engine side is 22mm (7/8”) pump side is 24mm .

Right lads have an old petrol engine here off a lawn mower . Plan was to buy a pressure washer pump to mount to it . (Seen it done on another forum) . Issue I’m having is cost, pump to mount to the shaft coming from the engine seem to be only got from the USA. 7/8 shaft and at that they need 5hp engine . What I’ve here is only 3.5hp . Now I have a pressure washer pump off an electric washer . Plan now is mount the engine on this pump . Need ideas on how to connect the 2 shafts engine side is 22mm (7/8”) pump side is 24mm .

Both parallel shafts?

Lawnmower engine won’t have a side driveshaft, pump may go underneath engine. Also you won’t have enough speed as decent engine washers have a reduction gearbox between engine and washer to up the speed. if the shafts both have tapers maybe fit pulleys and a belt.

Engine has a vertical shaft pump is for a vertical shaft . Motor was 3hp engine is 3,5hp would the rpm not be the very similar . Worth a punt to stick the 2 together have nothing to lose really .
Lawnmower engine won’t have a side driveshaft, pump may go underneath engine. Also you won’t have enough speed as decent engine washers have a reduction gearbox between engine and washer to up the speed. if the shafts both have tapers maybe fit pulleys and a belt.
Do you mean they both turn the same direction
Both parallel shafts?

Engine has a vertical shaft pump is for a vertical shaft . Motor was 3hp engine is 3,5hp would the rpm not be the very similar . Worth a punt to stick the 2 together have nothing to lose really .

I could be wrong but I’d guess the engine would want to hit 3000 rpm to get any pressure. A cheap way to couple them as a test it to get an old hydraulic hose that will slide over the shafts, use a hose clamp or jubilee clip to lock tight. You now have a flexible coupling to test speeds with.

The direct drive pumps either Reck the pump or wreck the engine . Some use a belt drive to get over this problem.

By parallel I mean are the shafts flat (not tapered).

Is your pump ok to run on its side?

Use taper lock bushes and hrc couplings.

Wouldn’t have a hope of getting near 3000 rpm from a hydraulic motor, I’d be aiming towards an old washing machine motor.
Group 1 or 2 gear motors will comfortably do 3000 rpm, what are air drill fans doing 2000+?

A group 2 6cc will do 3000 at roughly 18l/min developing 5hp at 1500 psi.

Doing a bit of patio and have a decent garden shed that needs to get out of the way for a while.

Will slide out onto the frame. The hinged piece will go under the shed which will be jacked up onto a skid of 6x3s

When the shed is out on its perch the arms can fold up. After the concrete work it should slide right back where it came from

That's the theory anyway

Attachments

• 20200906_202239.jpg
    20200906_202239.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 122
While standing at the back of the 6640 when removing the transport pin on the tedder I happened to pass my view past the lift arm on the right side which has the adjuster levelling box at the bottom for setting the right lift arm height. The box is screwed together by a 45mm threaded cap which carries the full weight of the lift arm. What my eye caught was that the cap had slipped out of its threaded housing on one side by a few threads and I decided to investigate. Sure enough the locating grubscrew that prevented the cap from unscrewing had come loose and the threads had become damaged. New parts ordered but wasnt impressed on how fine the threads on the cap were, same with the original toplink which got loose quickly. Lucky for me this didnt part company with a big load on board while on the road.
20200909_143952.jpg

Doing a bit of patio and have a decent garden shed that needs to get out of the way for a while.

Will slide out onto the frame. The hinged piece will go under the shed which will be jacked up onto a skid of 6x3s

When the shed is out on its perch the arms can fold up. After the concrete work it should slide right back where it came from

That's the theory anyway
How did it go?

While standing at the back of the 6640 when removing the transport pin on the tedder I happened to pass my view past the lift arm on the right side which has the adjuster levelling box at the bottom for setting the right lift arm height. The box is screwed together by a 45mm threaded cap which carries the full weight of the lift arm. What my eye caught was that the cap had slipped out of its threaded housing on one side by a few threads and I decided to investigate. Sure enough the locating grubscrew that prevented the cap from unscrewing had come loose and the threads had become damaged. New parts ordered but wasnt impressed on how fine the threads on the cap were, same with the original toplink which got loose quickly. Lucky for me this didnt part company with a big load on board while on the road.
View attachment 82119

What sort of money is that levelling arm new ? Genuine?

Back