Straw Spreaders / Bedders

If thats the one I'm thinking of you'd probably throw the straw further with a rusty fork then it can.
Whatever ones you look at be sure and look at the size of the flywheel as the bigger that is the better the blow.

Something like this model was what I was thinking of actually.

original.jpg

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.c...bf3c-f65a-4a62-96ab-c31833487958/original.jpg

Had a word with my mate.

It was ok were his words. But he used to run it in 540 eco to get extra blow.

Does anyone feed out a lot of silage with one of these feeder/bedders..mchale c460 etc..we feed around 1000 bales of silage per year and we dont run knives in our baleršŸ˜…..we get on fine with non chopped bales but I'm often curious about these machines. Have a big loose bedded straw shed for calving/dry cows so one wouldn't go astray for bedding either..thanks

Does anyone feed out a lot of silage with one of these feeder/bedders..mchale c460 etc..we feed around 1000 bales of silage per year and we dont run knives in our baleršŸ˜…..we get on fine with non chopped bales but I'm often curious about these machines. Have a big loose bedded straw shed for calving/dry cows so one wouldn't go astray for bedding either..thanks
Buy a mixer wagon for that volume of work! You'll take ages!

There was one of them locally a good few yrs ago now . Plan was to be able mix silage and meal and then blow the mix in to feed trailers think it was a redrock tub . It loved to block .(dealer was called to free it the first few times ) Didnā€™t help the men that were using it had no interest/ knowledge of how to work machiney .
The ideal would be a tub mixer with a straw blower on,I presume there expensive as Iā€™ve never seen one advertised 2nd hand.

The ideal would be a tub mixer with a straw blower on,I presume there expensive as Iā€™ve never seen one advertised 2nd hand.
I think thereā€™s a hispec one near here but Iā€™ve never seen it. Suir sprayers had a strautman on DoneDeal last year with a tiny looking blower on the back of it, you could hardly see it it was backed into the hedge but it looked more like a spout from a garden wood chipper

I was told the blower was ok at best on those things.
Straw doesn't like being alone in a tub mixer and just sits there going round and round apparently.

Then you've the issue of needing to use the whole bale every time, no leaving half a bale for tommorow if there's a mix to be made

Buy a mixer wagon for that volume of work! You'll take ages!
Tbh the ordinary system we have works well..we just have a bale shear on the loader tractor and feed with that..its for bedding the shed with straw we'd use it forreally..was just curious about the silage feeding šŸ‘

Reactions: AYF
I've ran silage bales through my chopper and I'd say a few minutes if even that is all it took per bale.

There was one of them locally a good few yrs ago now . Plan was to be able mix silage and meal and then blow the mix in to feed trailers think it was a redrock tub . It loved to block .(dealer was called to free it the first few times ) Didnā€™t help the men that were using it had no interest/ knowledge of how to work machiney .
They were only made to blow straw,I wouldnā€™t try and blow a tmr mix.
I was told the blower was ok at best on those things.
Straw doesn't like being alone in a tub mixer and just sits there going round and round apparently.

Then you've the issue of needing to use the whole bale every time, no leaving half a bale for tommorow if there's a mix to be made
Yes the half bale things a pain,emptying a tub you need lots of rpm,get the tractor in 1000 economy and itā€™s like a candy floss machine.šŸ˜‚

Have a linear actuator on the chopper here for the flap. Will only come in and not out.

Checked most of the wiring but not all.

Any ideas or more than likely the actuator is gone? Thought it was gone a bit lazy recently.

Have a linear actuator on the chopper here for the flap. Will only come in and not out.

Any ideas or more than likely the actuator is gone? Thought it was gone a bit lazy recently.
Can you reverse the wiring on the motor to see if that will push it out, this will tell if its the linear actuator or the signal control.

And if it is the actuator there are cheap 1s out there,

Last edited:
20231029_145314.jpg

Brother in law had a quick look and our synopsis is that it's not working. We took it off the chopper and tested it independently so reasonably confident it's somewhere in that unit.

Headcase, those markings might make more sense to you too.

View attachment 129589

Brother in law had a quick look and our synopsis is that it's not working. We took it off the chopper and tested it independently so reasonably confident it's somewhere in that unit.

Be honest if your sure its that thats fooked open it up and look unside
Youve nothing to loose if you see a bad connection or something

View attachment 129589

Very very common actuator,similar fitted to bogballe and kuhn spreaders,had a kuhn one give bother twice a few years ago and it was letting in water both occasions,got a local man to look and it had rusted a track on a board in it and he was able to rewire it on both occasions,

Back