3 phase for a house?

The barn is 740m from the nearest supply,I bought 54 acres next door to get electric.

There’s only Hv on the land so I have to pay for the transformer anyway,this will be 3 ph because they won’t do a single ph supply off Hv,the transformer connection to a cubicle (sited 15m from the pole,minimum distance allowed)to house the meter will cost circa £15/16k,it will all be tax deductible while it’s an agricultural barn.

My thinking is houses don’t use as much energy as they did,better insulation,led lights etc,it will be a 5 bed large house so not small but if you heat your water using oil or a gas combi boiler there’s only the cooker and a couple of electric showers using the main power.
My quote came through £17.5k for the connection,plus I still have to dig in 15m of ducting and build a cubicle.😲☹️

I bought the cable today,best price I could find was £24.5k,sent them an email and they rang back to ask if was for a job I was quoting for,when I said I just wanted to buy it he said he’d get a better price,he came back with £18450 so it’s being delivered tomorrow.

Also took delivery of the red ducting I need for the cable from the pole to the cubicle,seems red ducting is in short supply so I had to buy bigger as it’s all that’s in stock.

I bought the cable today,best price I could find was £24.5k,sent them an email and they rang back to ask if was for a job I was quoting for,when I said I just wanted to buy it he said he’d get a better price,he came back with £18450 so it’s being delivered tomorrow.

Also took delivery of the red ducting I need for the cable from the pole to the cubicle,seems red ducting is in short supply so I had to buy bigger as it’s all that’s in stock.
Ouch

Also took delivery of the red ducting I need for the cable from the pole to the cubicle,seems red ducting is in short supply so I had to buy bigger as it’s all that’s in sto
How many metres of what size cable?

Back