broadband speeds

About as good as it gets around here, last night it was as close to non existent as possible leading me to believe that Santa had brought some sort of internet connected device to every teenager in the locality..

About as good as it gets around here, last night it was as close to non existent as possible leading me to believe that Santa had brought some sort of internet connected device to every teenager in the locality..

if you dont mind me asking, how much is that service costing Arthur? Dont use Eircom here as never bothered getting a landline when we built.

ive praised them before but i find Nova Networks very good. Im paying for 10mb dload and 1mb uload. Just checked it now on the phone via a wireless router. Costing €50/month.61900810.png

Check out my @Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/2494352519

his is mine yesterday, seems poor compared to others :sad2:
Speed Test 26-12-2016.jpg

Just checked on Eir's website
Speed Test 27-12-2016.jpg

Last edited:
if you dont mind me asking, how much is that service costing Arthur? Dont use Eircom here as never bothered getting a landline when we built.

ive praised them before but i find Nova Networks very good. Im paying for 10mb dload and 1mb uload. Just checked it now on the phone via a wireless router. Costing €50/month.View attachment 41278
It's with Pure Telecom piggybacked down the landline, the provider and server could pop up as from anywhere, €45 incl vat a month, that is for unlimited local and national anytime calls and unlimited Mb's though it's still limited by the slow speed, previously I was being ripped off by Vodafone for €60 a month for local and off peak national calls and 10 Mb's. The whole network around here is supposed to be upgraded to fibre in the next year and not before time.

To be fair that's up in Dublin, on meteor mobile broadband dongle.

However, with the same dongle in Tipp, getting between 10 and 20 mb download/upload.
Is it possible to run multiple devices off the dongle at the same time, maybe 8 yrs ago I had a wee yoke with a sim card from 3 that plugged into the USB of the laptop but could only be use with one device at a time.

Is it possible to run multiple devices off the dongle at the same time, maybe 8 yrs ago I had a wee yoke with a sim card from 3 that plugged into the USB of the laptop but could only be use with one device at a time.
Absolutely, I think this dongle will run 8-10 devices at a time. This was free with a 6 month contract. You can get a mains powered router that would cater for more devices if needed.

The catch is that there is a data cap, the contract is for 6 months, first 3 months are 40gb data per month, 25gb thereafter. That is 20 euro per month. Other plans have more data for a few extra quid.

Anyone using Imagine broadband had a call from them yesterday they are now live in our area promising "up to 70 mb" at €60 a month it dear I think.

Anyone using Imagine broadband had a call from them yesterday they are now live in our area promising "up to 70 mb" at €60 a month it dear I think.

They are advertising around here too so I had a look the other day on their website. There is a data cap of something like 20gb which would be no good for us.

Did a bit of a google last night, I'm thinking of trying Meteor mobile broadband for a month, won't break the bank and if it doesn't work out it won't be the end of the world.

They are advertising around here too so I had a look the other day on their website. There is a data cap of something like 20gb which would be no good for us.
What would 20gb amount to I'm not too well up on gb or mb's

20gb would be ok unless you're streaming videos etc, but it would be at the low end of the scale. I have a 25gb cap but I've also access to other internet access points throughout the day so usage would be spread out.

iv just changed from BT to plusnet , 16 quid a month cheaper and speeds up to 70mb instead of 50mb . just plugged it in and im getting 90mb/s :clap: thats hard wired mine you 55mb/s through the wi fi

Back