Contractor charges

All Ireland - Kerry lads tend to think they have it won already!
well i wouldnt kick a ball unless it was in my way.
no wild interest in any sport really.
never really got the hang of it.
still tho, loads of other things to be at.

well i wouldnt kick a ball unless it was in my way.
no wild interest in any sport really.
never really got the hang of it.
still tho, loads of other things to be at.

Something we have in common so - I'm a fair weather supporter.

Was talking to a dealer yesterday and he was saying evreyone seems to be going for the disc mower for topping now. He used to sell lots of the rotor ones up to 5 years ago Abbey I think but is getting hard to shift them now as trade ins so there could be a bargain out there for you Nash if this is what you want.

Ever considered a twin drum mower this is what we've always used for topping. Had a Fahr KM25 for years til thread holding on drum sheared last year and bought a mint KM22 for €1000. It's a bit small really at 5'6" but we're usually only topping a 2 acre paddock twice or three times a week so doesn't seem as bad.

Was talking to a dealer yesterday and he was saying evreyone seems to be going for the disc mower for topping now. He used to sell lots of the rotor ones up to 5 years ago Abbey I think but is getting hard to shift them now as trade ins so there could be a bargain out there for you Nash if this is what you want.

Ever considered a twin drum mower this is what we've always used for topping. Had a Fahr KM25 for years til thread holding on drum sheared last year and bought a mint KM22 for €1000. It's a bit small really at 5'6" but we're usually only topping a 2 acre paddock twice or three times a week so doesn't seem as bad.

Not around my way you don't!! And I bet most of those toppers are f****d anyway. But, it is getting late in the year now so some will be desperate to shift them I reckon so might wangle a bargain yet! Have to go and see a few tomorrow night on the way down.

Neither of us are keen even though surprising Dad was looking at one today in a local dealers but only because it was parked close to a timber trailer with dropsides :whistling::whistling:. We really want a 7ft anyway to be honest.

Not around my way you don't!! And I bet most of those toppers are f****d anyway. But, it is getting late in the year now so some will be desperate to shift them I reckon so might wangle a bargain yet! Have to go and see a few tomorrow night on the way down.

Neither of us are keen even though surprising Dad was looking at one today in a local dealers but only because it was parked close to a timber trailer with dropsides :whistling::whistling:. We really want a 7ft anyway to be honest.

im not sure if ya know what ya want:lol::lol::lol:

I'd have to agree with you that a lot of those s/h you'd be valuing by the tonne. Most lads seem to change them when they have to. You'll come accross the right one yet.

That was the beauty of the KM 25 it was 6' 10" but they're rare enough. Makes a big difference. Have ours in the shed to tackled sometime:whistling::whistling:

I know it's an old thread but along the same lines.

What is the going rate for flail mowing per hour?

What I'm charged is depending on crop, distance traveled, and acres but from 20 to 23 +
First being close light cut, or large acres and second being far away small acres
That's mower with conditioner

Back