Covid 19

Local pub here has shut its doors for a week or so. Play school where the little one was to go on wed is not opening. One of the supermarket is under pressure as all the staff are out of close contacts. Going to be a fun fill couple of weeks.
Supermarket in the local town is supposed to close today due to lack of available staff. A few small local businesses closed for the same reason.

I got the booster a few days ago and I was on the floor for 2 days after, my appetite still isn't fully back

I've had some of the symptoms for the last 5 days, tested negative 3 times with antigen, not mixing with anyone so I don't see the point of trying to get a pcr, working from home, I guess there still are one or two cold doing the rounds!

I've had some of the symptoms for the last 5 days, tested negative 3 times with antigen, not mixing with anyone so I don't see the point of trying to get a pcr, working from home, I guess there still are one or two cold doing the rounds!
Exactly

Looks likely I've picked it up somewhere. Had positive antigen and waiting on the pcr results.
I've been isolating from Mrs Eddie and our 1 year old last few days.
The illness is a doddle compared to the isolation and rigmarole with it.
Started back to work today so can do that from home, I can get out and about down the yard and keep myself to myself easily enough too.
As a consequence though herself has to wfh now too and also mind the child who can't go to creche. Has to do it on her own and it is taking its toll.
Would be easier if we all had it but at the same time glad they haven't picked it up.

I think in some cases antigen won’t detect after it reaches a certain stage. Possibly means your not contagious anymore I don’t know?

I think in some cases antigen won’t detect after it reaches a certain stage. Possibly means your not contagious anymore I don’t know?
I don't think it was covid, it was mild enough, but all 5 of us in the house had whatever it was, kids had symptoms a few days before my wife and I, they have been fine since the weekend and I'm fine today, survived my first day back to work (wfh), tested negative again today.

Over 900 in hospital, icu numbers staying the same. They sre saying most of those in icu are delta patients
Seems omicron is now 95% of cases so they think delta will be pretty much wiped out shortly.

Is anyone having concerns about all the vaccinating or perhaps its already been discussed on here? Was talking to two people yesterday and they both brought up concern over it and possible long term affects which obviously may or may not appear, there seems to be a lot of reactions to it either by people you speak to or reading on here. What bit i've looked at about it it seems it could be more to do with how its administered rather than the vaccine itself, aspirating seems to be a thing which has not been widely mentioned (needle entering a blood vessel) so perhaps that's a factor in the reactions?

Long term Win no one knows. Short term I've seen nothing that's made me question getting it. Lots of "OMG you have to see/read this" things over the last 12 months and any one of them when I dug under the skin was more pseudo science presenting itself as science. I'm no doctor but a bit of time researching has led me to question anything negative I've read about it.

Given I could find no reason not to, and lots of reasons to do it, I've gotten my three jabs. All Pfizer and negligible reaction. You'll always hear about the bad reactions but they are few and far between compared to the billions of dosed administered so far.

The long term effects are a leap of faith and everyone has to make their own decisions but I think the pros overwhelmingly outweigh the cons right now

Back