Daily weather forecast update

Got my first fertiliser spread this week. This is paddocks that got too wet last autumn to graze and too strong now. If I close off more for 1st cut I'll be tight for grazing so I'm taking them out now and hope to have them back in grazing in a few weeks. Have a couple other paddocks to do also. Estimate about 1900kg DM/Ha. ( haven't a clue really but quoting figures makes me sound educated and important!!!)View attachment 136481
Fella near me is baling ground he usually zero grazes, can’t be much feeding value with the lack of sun?

I've the bigger half of the silage fertiliser to spread still ...As I'm sure many more have .
There was more fertiliser spread around here on Thursday , Friday and today , than the year to date .
I gott o cut as too much grass for slurry
Small 1st cut yes but its out of the way then

When I was mowing could see a tractor ploughing, 3 one passes working, a lad rolling, a lad spreading fertiliser and a self propelled beet harvester working. A bit of fine weather means so much.
I was down your way a few days back for plough parts and i met a big massey and a huge valderstad trailed tine harrow .i suppose it was the former dairy farmer

At the risk of being shot,the forecast is great for a few days then cooler and unsettled as far as I can see.
Not what I was expecting

At the risk of being shot,the forecast is great for a few days then cooler and unsettled as far as I can see.
Not what I was expecting
spoke with Simon keeling of weatherweb last Monday, for those with a good memory of the periods, 85 /86. 01 /02. 12 /13 and now 23 / 24 ...... what had they all in common , Simon said they were el nino years, hence it was later in the year when it took up fully ,

Next weekends potential low pressure is very unwelcome. Land is just getting into good condition.
We’ve had almost 2 weeks without any proper rain but long term models hadn’t been showing this low coming next weekend.
The latest Ecmwf run shows it staying south of Ireland, hopefully it’ll stay away…..

Models had been showing it to become more showery from next weekend and a north westerly flow which would mean the south would see the least amount of showers.

We’ll see….

Next weekends potential low pressure is very unwelcome. Land is just getting into good condition.
We’ve had almost 2 weeks without any proper rain but long term models hadn’t been showing this low coming next weekend.
The latest Ecmwf run shows it staying south of Ireland, hopefully it’ll stay away…..

Models had been showing it to become more showery from next weekend and a north westerly flow which would mean the south would see the least amount of showers.

We’ll see….

Met eireann and xc way more positive than yr which makes a change...

We’ll see….
We were not so lucky rain every day last week sat and sun were good drying days started ploughing yesterday but rain for weekend is very unhelpful

Skim of frost on the car roof here this morning. It wasn't much over 10 degrees here yesterday . Very poor for end of April.

Fairly chilly the last few days alright and varying during the day a lot.
I don't measure but grass growth seems not too bad considering though I am only starting my second round where some dairy men are on their third with very low covers I believe.
I was Conservative with grazing this spring as I felt it was too easy to do damage,only had weanlings out until recently

Didn’t notice any frost last night, lovely morning. Rain forecast next two days then to turn warm till Saturday and then swing back to a cooler spell till into next week

Didn’t notice any frost last night, lovely morning. Rain forecast next two days then to turn warm till Saturday and then swing back to a cooler spell till into next week
There doesn't seem to be any rain after Monday and Tuesday though. I don't want to jinx it but it looks like people may be looking for rain yet. Oh we'll get it in spades for the next two days though. Anywhere slurry or dung or enough p and k went there's a base of growth there. Anywhere enough of N went with that it's moving. Outside of all that grass is yellow.

Back