Dairy Bulls 2021

aidank

Just wondering what bulls everyone is using this year

we usually go for a 70% British Fresian type bull, however looking at the figures for these 70% types not easy find one that is a decent + in milk and protein.

Fr2249 and fr2314 are decent proven bulls. Hard to get non albert, pivotal bloodlines. I also bought some Mo Salah sexed straws from dovea. I have other straws from pg from last year that I will use up

Fr2249 and fr2314 are decent proven bulls. Hard to get non albert, pivotal bloodlines. I also bought some Mo Salah sexed straws from dovea. I have other straws from pg from last year that I will use up
You should get some Van Dijk as well, they'd be a good section of a team.

Of bulls as well:whistle:

You should get some Van Dijk as well, they'd be a good section of a team.

Of bulls as well:whistle:
Note how I don't know his code only the name. There's another bull called saint brigid frank Joseph. I bless myself when I read his name

Anyone care to critique any of these ladies? I'm doing a sideline with the company selling them but I'm not up to speed on my dairy genetics.

Not going to try and flog them to anyone, just genuinely interested in how they compare to what's on the market.

Any body know why LWR on the farmers journal active bull list has completely different figures to what the icbf give today. Was going to order some as his figures where great for a proven bull but on the icbf bull search he is back in most all traits apart from milk kgs.

Any body know why LWR on the farmers journal active bull list has completely different figures to what the icbf give today. Was going to order some as his figures where great for a proven bull but on the icbf bull search he is back in most all traits apart from milk kgs.
i don,t know about the figures but i had 8 LWR heifers last year and they had very poor temperments, all were kickers and settled down after a few months but i wouldn,t use him again after my experience and i know a few neighbours had the very same problem with them. super cows for yield and solids though

i don,t know about the figures but i had 8 LWR heifers last year and they had very poor temperments, all were kickers and settled down after a few months but i wouldn,t use him again after my experience and i know a few neighbours had the very same problem with them. super cows for yield and solids though
Oh really you could do with out that carry on in the parlour all the same. I was shocked there was such a difference between the journal and icbf. I know icbf would be updating figures on a ongoing basis but there was to much of a difference for that to be the case here. Was after spending abit of time at the computer on the sire advice matching him to cows, getting a number of straws I wanted and texting the guy a order before I copped the change. Was solely going off the journal figures. I Should have known better

In reality would many farmers use a bull for ai regardless how good an ebi they had and milked gold bullion if they have a know temperament issue that doesn't settle after 2 weeks or so.
Mighten be sure how long the desk farmers would milk them for either

In reality would many farmers use a bull for ai regardless how good an ebi they had and milked gold bullion if they have a know temperament issue that doesn't settle after 2 weeks or so.
Na not worth the hassle. I know all heifers take a day or two to settle but if you are still running about the out with clamps and kicking bars it's no fun no matter if you are in a rotary or a 10 unit herringbone

Some like a challenge.

Back