dairy cow diet

harvey

hi all, just wondering how to make up a simple diet for a milking dairy cow. googled it, but found some of it confusing.:confused:

Have you tested the silage? And what sort of cow, a 35l HO will need alot diff a diet to an xbred/br fr. Main thing you'd want is as much energy as you can get, and the overall protein about 15%. I assume you got a diet feeder also? What about parlour feeders?

Have you tested the silage? And what sort of cow, a 35l HO will need alot diff a diet to an xbred/br fr. Main thing you'd want is as much energy as you can get, and the overall protein about 15%. I assume you got a diet feeder also? What about parlour feeders?

yeah, silage tested 78%dmd. only freisans allowed in this yard. yeah i,ve a diet feeder, no parolur feeders. i was hoping to feed most of the ration through the diet feeder.

What was the crude protein and dry matter of the silage, have you plenty of all the above forages? Are you pushing for milk or are you restricted by quota?

do you have any ufl or pdie/pdin values for the protein blend, silage?, what are the cows yielding per day?, presume they are spring calving so what bcs?

Back