Dealer stickers and history

View attachment 73165
Would have sold an awful lot of new Ford tractors , from the very late 60s up to about 81 . I dont think they sold any 10 series . Then , they sold new Fiats . Went bust in either 85 or 86.
Guilfoyles Truck Centre now.
View attachment 73166

Small local firm . Most land rollers locally come out of here . Also yard scrapers and land revellers. Cubicles.

View attachment 73167 View attachment 73165 View attachment 73166 View attachment 73167
An unusual one . I have never seen another like it , but not local to it . On the Ifor William's cattle box , which I bought s/h.

I have a couple more unusual ones I might get a pic of tomorrow.

My father knew Tom well. Iirc he used to make the snap ties for shuttering walls. He also bought stuff like the topper, yardscraper and cubicles off him too.
I remember been there years ago when a farmer dragged in a tandem axle silage trailer that was after snapping a bogie still loaded with grass. :lol:

Ye my dad just said the same. He said he bought his first dlurry tanker off paddy in mc gees of ardee
Just after finding Sean Finnegan's book, most of the local dealers seemed to have done a stint in McGee's, here's the main ones
Paddy Callan,
Geoff Daly,
Sean Finnegan,
Philip Greene,
Richie Davis,
Peter Timmons,
Micheal O'Hanlon,
Jimmy Ennis,
Gerry Duffy,
Harry Barrett

My father knew Tom well. Iirc he used to make the snap ties for shuttering walls. He also bought stuff like the topper, yardscraper and cubicles off him too.
I remember been there years ago when a farmer dragged in a tandem axle silage trailer that was after snapping a bogie still loaded with grass. :lol:

Tom is.either 67 or 68 now . @diesel power and myself would be friendly with his brother through a vintage club , plus he supplied us with readymix for years , and another brother spread lime around here for years .

I would have often bought the snap ties from him , but haven't used 5 x 2 pans since 08 as far as I remember. I have one of their landlevellers for years , and yard scraper about 3 years .

I am fairly sure that they dont do any repair work now , such as that silage trailer you mentioned.

Tom is.either 67 or 68 now . @diesel power and myself would be friendly with his brother through a vintage club , plus he supplied us with readymix for years , and another brother spread lime around here for years .

I would have often bought the snap ties from him , but haven't used 5 x 2 pans since 08 as far as I remember. I have one of their landlevellers for years , and yard scraper about 3 years .

I am fairly sure that they dont do any repair work now , such as that silage trailer you mentioned.

Its years since I used the snap ties here too. I'd say its easily 15 years since I seen that trailer job. Didn't he put up sheds years ago too?

Its years since I used the snap ties here too. I'd say its easily 15 years since I seen that trailer job. Didn't he put up sheds years ago too?

Not that I know of .
His brother Donal , would have built the world of dungsteads and later , slatted tanks. He even went over the Shannon at that work . He used to have 3 or 4 lads working for him at that time. He bought a new Hino ready mix truck in 1985 , and concentrated on that until early 04 , when he retired from that . He bought several sites , and built one off bungalows for sale .
I would imagine your father would have known him .

Not that I know of .
His brother Donal , would have built the world of dungsteads and later , slatted tanks. He even went over the Shannon at that work . He used to have 3 or 4 lads working for him at that time. He bought a new Hino ready mix truck in 1985 , and concentrated on that until early 04 , when he retired from that . He bought several sites , and built one off bungalows for sale .
I would imagine your father would have known him .
I actually remember that lorry. The bottle was driven with its own diesel engine unlike today's ready mix trucks where hydraulics off the trucks own engine turn the bottle.

Had a friend who worked at John Deeres HQ in Langar during late 70s & 80s . He told me that a small number of JD drills (20 IIRC) were brought over for evaluation and sent out to farms all over UK for trialling.

Apparently the feedback was 100 % dont bother importing those , they dont come anywhere near close to the
MF 30.

One of those JD drills sown here for years, was a good seed / fertilizer drill. I think @Skimmer had the same drill in to.

Was replaced by a MF30 though eventually.

Still a John Deere drill working round here the only one I ever seen. Passed a field of winter barley lately that it sowed and it's probably the nicest crop of barley round here at the minute.

How l forgot my dexta l dont know :scratchhead: . Its definitely older than the Atkins plough above.
View attachment 73206
Werent the phone numbers great back then....Millstreet 11.:laugh:.

Heres another oldie that every Fendt man will know
View attachment 73208

Always preferred a metal plate to a sticker myself.
Saw a nameplate on a hayshed the other day from O'Dwyer steel, Phone number 4

A few of the ones on machines at home.

I haven't seen "John O Donnell , Newcastle , Clonmel " , in years . Long gone ? I was in the yard once . Could be 25 years ago . Had a fair line up of SH tractors.
Looks a very tidy 6600.

I haven't seen "John O Donnell , Newcastle , Clonmel " , in years . Long gone ? I was in the yard once . Could be 25 years ago . Had a fair line up of SH tractors.
Looks a very tidy 6600.
Ya he died in 2007, very good family friend. I think the 6600 was bought from him in maybe 79/80 it is 1977, a friend that used work there took it on a tractor run recently and had a few old stickers so stuck a new one on it. He use to have a fair stock in the day and have been very well known.

Still a John Deere drill working round here the only one I ever seen. Passed a field of winter barley lately that it sowed and it's probably the nicest crop of barley round here at the minute.
Field between trim and athboy?

That's it!
I sowed that block of ground for him this past few years with amazone one pass! He just ploughs ahead of me . He still does some of his other ground with the John deere drill though, good little set up especially for spring crops when it's a bit drier

I sowed that block of ground for him this past few years with amazone one pass! He just ploughs ahead of me . He still does some of his other ground with the John deere drill though, good little set up especially for spring crops when it's a bit drier

Ha Looks well. Wouldn't be on that part of the road much but went that way one day out of curiosity. Was chatting with a friend and we were giving out about our patchy crops and we were blaming power harrow and over tilled ground and he mentioned that field and how triple k harrows and a light drill was the future. There goes that theory.......:rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

Back